• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bad dreams..

K

kmwt3

While I'm off my meds, I have really bad night terrors. I guess the one night my hubby gad to wake me up 4 times within the first hour of falling asleep because I was kicking, screaming, hyperventilating and crying. Now that I'm back on my meds I feel much better but the last two nights I've had bad dreams that wake me up around 5 and I can't fall back asleep. I dreamt that my hubby cheated on me which upset me a great deal then last night I dreamt someone was trying to nap me to sell me in the sex trade for a gang. These were quite bad to me and left me scared and hurting. I don't know why this is happening but would like it to stop..

S

Se7en

Dreams, yah they can get weird with OR without drugs.

Maybe you should monitor what you're watching on TV, keep a journal for what you watch on tv or movies or books, and what it results in with dreams, for each night. You might see a pattern. It definitely makes a difference, what we're taking in. Perhaps watch something that's light hearted & happy (or if you read or go on the Internet) whatever you do right before bed....change it up & see if that makes a difference?

Sometimes our dreams/nightmares are our fears so don't let the dream about your husband cheating on you freak you out. Have you had suspicions when you're awake? It could be your subconscious reacting to those thoughts you've had during the day. Also, I don't know if you're a fan of tea but chamomile tea or "Sleepytime" (my favorite!) is great right before bed! Please post updates! Oh & SWEET DREAMS! :coffee::sleepy2:

S

Se7en

PS! & music! Try falling asleep to music? I love Enya or rain but there's so much to choose from so hopefully that can help? (y)

megirl

megirl

I have night terrors at times,
there is definitely a link for me watching certain negative material on tele. Thrillers etc
I can wake up thinking theres 'monsters' in our house or someones going to kill me. One time recently my hubby came to calm me down but each time I screamed at him thinking he was strangling me.
Scary.
I find I am best to watch as little tele as I can no computer before bed, read a book, have a nice herbal tea, or a milky milo,
hope something helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Bipolar Forum 2
S Bipolar Forum 6
P Bipolar Forum 3