• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bad day already

Sleepflower

Sleepflower

Founding Member
One of my two house-rabbits died this morning. I can't even begin to explain how I feel. I don't want to be alone now and I am.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Sleepflower, I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I know the agony you are going thru, and the loneliness.

Let yourself cry, mourn the loss, and remember that time will bring you to a place of acceptance.

Your bunny, though deeply missed, is in a lovely, peaceful place.

:hug::flowers: Love & Light

Sleepflower

Sleepflower

Founding Member
Oh thanks both of you. Hubby came home from work this afternoon and we mourned together. It's the other bunny (his brother) that I'm feeling sorry for. He's been sitting under the dining room table all day and won't come out. :(

D

Dollit

He'll be out when he's hungry or he needs a hug (the rabbit that is, not your hubby).

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
It's so hard when you can't explain to the surviving bunny what's happened. I had chinchillas, two brothers, and when the first died his brother was so withdrawn and suspicious of me. It was awful to witness. Thankfully he adapted as we all do. :)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hope your feeling a bit better today sunflower.

Are you intending to get another bunny:hug:

Sleepflower

Sleepflower

Founding Member
Thanks everyone

:hug: You're all so kind.

I'm not going to get another bunny now because we just want to concentrate on getting Elvi (surviving bunny) through this. He was next to Harvey and sitting with him when he died, so he knows what's happened. As the vet's receptionist said when we were discussing it afterwards, at least Elvi knows what happened - it's not as if we just took a live Harvey away to the vet and Elvi never saw him again. Both myself and Elvi were with him at the end. :cry:

Elvi's now behind the settee in the dining room. He's still eating, thank goodness, so I'm giving him lots of sprout peelings (his favourite) and banana chips which he's accepting. He's always been a calm and laid-back little bunny so I'm sure he'll pull through. Hubby and I spent a lot of time last night sitting under the dining room table talking to him. (Hope word doesn't get out - even more cause to cart me off!)

I'm really gonna miss that bunny. He was so lovely. RIP Harveybun...may you be in a land of carrot peelings and sultanas now.

E

ems

Founding Member
so sorry for your loss

:hug: You're all so kind.

I'm not going to get another bunny now because we just want to concentrate on getting Elvi (surviving bunny) through this. He was next to Harvey and sitting with him when he died, so he knows what's happened. As the vet's receptionist said when we were discussing it afterwards, at least Elvi knows what happened - it's not as if we just took a live Harvey away to the vet and Elvi never saw him again. Both myself and Elvi were with him at the end. :cry:

Elvi's now behind the settee in the dining room. He's still eating, thank goodness, so I'm giving him lots of sprout peelings (his favourite) and banana chips which he's accepting. He's always been a calm and laid-back little bunny so I'm sure he'll pull through. Hubby and I spent a lot of time last night sitting under the dining room table talking to him. (Hope word doesn't get out - even more cause to cart me off!)

I'm really gonna miss that bunny. He was so lovely. RIP Harveybun...may you be in a land of carrot peelings and sultanas now.
I THINK IF I WAS A BUNNY RABBIT AND HAD A CHANCE TO HAVE A FAMILY TO LIVE WITH, I WOULD WANT YOU TO BE MY FAMILY.
YOU SOUND SO INCREDIBLY SWEET AND NICE - BUT REMEMBER DONT LEAVE ELVI ON HIS OWN TOO LONG BECAUSE THERE IS ANOTHER LONELY, LOVELY BUNNY JUST WAITING FOR SOMEBODY LOVELY TO COME AND TAKE HIM/HER HOME AND LOVE IT.
I THINK IT COULD BE YOU
YOU ARE SO SWEET - HONEST
:grouphug:
AND THIS ONE IS FOR ELVI :grouphug:

Sleepflower

Sleepflower

Founding Member
Dollit and Ems, what lovely posts. Thank you from myself, hubby and Elvi.

:grouphug:

Elvi is back in the hutch, in the porch now. Much easier to sit in there to talk to him than under the table! But he knows that he can roam as he wants - the house is bunny-proofed!

We're going out on Saturday to buy him a new bunny rattle and a string-wrapped toy carrot to fling around. He likes his toys and I want him to have something to keep him interested when we're not there. I want to try to stop him from being lonely. :hug:

D

Dollit

Well you seem to be managing well. I hate losing an animal - I even miss haemerrhoid the hamster.

Sleepflower

Sleepflower

Founding Member
:LOL:

Dollit, that's the best name I've ever heard for a hamster!

As soon as I can prise hubby from the XP computer (my phone, where the piccies are ain't compatible with Vista) I'll post piccies of Elvi's new toys! They didn't turn out to be a bunny rattle and a string-wrapped bunny carrot! £17 later, we've bought a bunny 'scratching post' type thing with dangling carrots and a play carrot patch with removable carrots that he can pick up and fling!

And the result...he loves them both! I came down this morning to have a play carrot flung at me, then went into the porch later on when he was head-butting the dangling carrots and watching them. I've never seen him play so much. He really seems to have got his interest back - yay!

Videos later...if I manage such technical things!

D

Dollit

Glad Elvi's doing okay. They soon pick up again. When my old lady cat died 3 years ago the other three looked for her for a few days and then soon got used to it. Animals can be quite hard hearted! :)