• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bad day.... Again

S

Sarax

Sorry to ramble on again..... Having another bad day today, just want to sleep, cry, sleep! Sh playing on my mind as well? All a bit rough tbh.... Anybody just wanna chat?

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Sarax,

How are you feeling? S/h might be a short term answer but it isn;t any good - lets try distraction

Talk to me I'm feeling pretty naf today too

S

Sarax

Thanks, I've tried distraction before.... Nothing seems to work :( just want to give up! "/

keepsafe

keepsafe

Weell this is a distraction - don;t give up - keep talking here to me.

What have you been up to today? Anything at all good?

I had therapy, that sucked

S

Sarax

Nothing.... Can't seem to motivate myself to do anything lately, it a seems such hard work ATM, nothing seems worth doing... Pointless,

keepsafe

keepsafe

So do you try to do little things in the day that make things seem worthwhile or does everthing seen worthless? I guess pointless is what you are saying, what would you like to be doing if you could?

I feel pretty much the same by the way.

KS

S

Sarax

I'd be happy in bed a day not having to see anybody or talk to anybody! Most days I end up thonking I'd rather not be here altogether :'(

keepsafe

keepsafe

Well its better that you stay here - people would miss you, we all die sometimes but it doesn;t need to be now. What can you think that would make you a tiny bit happier - it doesn;t have to be anything big - just something small

Its so so difficult to get motivated whne you feel so low - have you tried talking about it to anyone else??

KS
:hug:

S

Sarax

Tbh don't think anybody would even notice let alone give a damn! I don't know. No nobody knows about how I'm feeling and the very few care one minuite then the next couldn't care less. Sorry I should probs go now, stop moaning on about things that can't be changed!

keepsafe

keepsafe

You don;t have to go - you can change things though if you want to - well I hope that you are feeling brighter soon - sorry if I haven;t helped

KS

Jo1760

Jo1760

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough day sarax. Have you spoken to your GP about your resent concerns. I know its an incrediably difficult to ignore the thoughts you have been experiencing.

I hope you will be ok this evening. Take care of yourself.

Jo X

S

Sarax

Yes thank u has been helpfull.... And yes have previously been to gp with no avail,,

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi Sara - maybe worth trying to see your gp again? Or going to another doctor in the practice if that is an option? And there are other sources of support too - here, of course, which I hope you are finding helpful, and NHS Direct, and the Samaritans. You can email the Samaritans which I have found good in the past - they don't always answer as quickly as you might like but there is more anonymity which can be good too.

What Keepsafe said about thinking about little things that can make you feel a bit happier is really good advice, I think - it is good sometimes to strip it all down and focus on little things, like a smell or how something feels. I guess it is mindfulness (- really trying to focus on the here and now, rather than what is past (which we can't change) and what might be to come (which we can't know).

Take good care :hug:

S

Sarax

I suppose I have just learnt in the past that opening up to people can lead to loosing slot of people including some good friends... So now when people might ask what's wrong I just find it easier to say nothing, not the best thing to do I doubt but much easier! And I can't stand sitting face to face with someone I don't know.... Find it sooo hard to open up and tell them what's going on and how I'm feeling.

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
It's really not easy opening up. Would you think about printing out some of the things you've written here? I have done that before, and I know other forum members have too.

And telling friends and family is really not easy, is it? In my experience, some are surprisingly supportive and some really don't have a clue! I'm sorry you have lost friends through it, but I hope it does help being here and knowing that people do understand how it is.

:hug: