• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bad CMHT psychiatrist

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

yeah she always made me feel like shit.

C

Christobel

Mine is very warm and helpful and listens very carefully when there is something I have to get off my chest. I realise I am very lucky. What has your experience been?

chesterking

chesterking

My psychiatrist has a very pleasant and nice personality. He is a very good listener. I have known him for a long time and we get on well together.

J

jimindigo

Sorry you experienced that Abbie,most people have no idea that a lot of people in
'helping' profession for mental problems,are in fact,mentally ill themselves! And indeed,
are in that profession so they can exercise their 'power' over others. In short,they are
highly insecure and get off on people like your dear self;but because it is essentially a
'false' thing,they keep having to do it. In that respect,YOU are healthier than they are!
Laugh at the bugger,he/she will have to keep doing that till they pop off!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm yet to meet a psychiatrist that really listens and takes the time to understand me.
Instead I get blanket statements and the experience of being told how I feel without them even asking me questions.

I wonder how much of that has to do with my diagnosis, but then I wonder too how much is due to the way psychiatrists are.

Anyway, about your bad experience - you know that you can always talk to PALS and you are entitled to request to see a different psychiatrist if you feel that things won't be able to move forward with the one you saw recently.

D

DavCu

Anyone got a shit psychiatrist? I had a recent bad experience
I had a shit psychiatrist when I was in hospital, then I got moved to a different place and he was very good. I makes a big difference. Te trouble now is the fucking social worker and the so called OT! I've seen more get up and go in road kill!

T

The-Zyxers

My first psychiatrist/doctor was shitty. The first thing he did was put me on Olanzapine (Market name Zyprexa/Olanzapine). From what I have read about it it seems that olanzapine is a last resort drug. I got heavy side effects (dry nose, dry mouth, super tired etc.) without any results in treating my psychotic symptoms. I told him that it didn't get better at all, and he increased the dosage. I told him once more it did not work and he increased the dosage once more.

After a few months on that shit (the side effects slowly disappeared almost all) I moved back home (I had to quit university due to my psychosis) and got a new doc. This doc thought I had a to large dose, also, he changed it to abilify (aripiprazol) and then, after about 1-3 weeks, I started getting better and noticed a change. However, after a few months now, my symptoms are slowly coming back. They are still very week.

T

thrill

You will get good and bad variations, it's a chocolate box.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mine is very warm and helpful and listens very carefully when there is something I have to get off my chest. I realise I am very lucky. What has your experience been?
is your chest chemically imbalanced?

fazza

fazza

My first consultant was terrible. It disturbs me just thinking about her. The one I have now is fantastic.