• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Bad, bad, bad.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Too much feasting last last night, and I'm leaving in 5 minutes for dinner at my parents place with my whole family. It's going to be way too much fucking food, and in advance of that I have prepared myself and now my stomach feels so awful that I'm not sure I'll even be able to eat anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mad_Dog

could you make an excuse like, your stomach hurts, or you think you may have caught a virus from someone?
maybe try not to focus on food but on conversations with family?
i hope it works out. good luck x

R

Rose19602

I don't know what to suggest PC....it really is difficult to avoid food when it surrounds you at Christmas. My best intentions were smashed last night too, when the family decided that they didn't like the very expensive blue cheese I had purchased for them to try....and so I felt obligated to eat the lot!...or very nearly the lot anyway!

I should have just put it in the bin or just eaten a little bit....but no! I just kept on eating.

I do feel for you. Can you explain to your family that you need them to not offer the food and to help you make sensible decisions around these family feast days?

As I've said before, EDs are not my thing, so please forgive me if I'm suggesting things that are unsuitable. I'm no expert....but I do feel for you hun!
x

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Unfortunately I can't ask my family not to serve all the goodies, because every one else wants to eat them, so they are put out, and once the goodies are out I can't stop myself. At least yesterday I brought my green smoothie with me, so I had a lot of veggies in that. Because of all of what I had in my system today, and my stomach ache, I didn't eat as much as I normally would have, and lets just say they helped clear out my system very well. I'm back to my raw vegan diet tomorrow and I can't wait for my system to get back to feeling good on that diet.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rose19602

Yes, there's something about all that rich food that makes you long for uncomplicated, natural tastes that are wholesome.

Thank God you can get back to normality now PC and feel better.
x