• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Back, WMHD

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi all.

I am back :clap: (well its a clap for me from me :redface:). Sorry for the sudden disappearance and the length of absence. My D. does come on suddenly (though this time I had been feeling it creeping on) but I haven't been as unwell for such a long time for at least three years. Anyway that's not relevant to this particular thread - I will write more about it somewhere else.

Anyway some events and stuff - obviously I would have given more notice if I could have.

World Mental Health Day (WMHD)

Wednesday 8th October - at Moseley Rugby Club, Billesley Common, Yardley Wood Road - from 12 -5. This is a showcasing Arts Leisure and Creativity event run by Birmingham City Council - events include a 5-a-side football tournament cup presented by Lee Carsley (y), bike surgery, art and craft workshops, poetry readings and music. There will be 'information, advice and guidance stalls' as well.

Saturday 11th October - BSMHFT and PMHG (for any newcomers there is a jargon/abbreviations guide thread above - I just need to try and cut down the typing!) WMHD celebrations. This is held from around 10 to 5 at Edgbaston Street in the City Centre and is the main public Mental Health event of the year in Birmingham. I have never been because I only stated getting involved in all this 'sort of thing' about 15 months ago and last year I was ill at this time.
There are stalls, interactive activities, stage entertainment, complementary therapies.
I am hoping to be well enough to go this year and if anyone feels nervous and would like to meet up then let me know.

Enough for this thread.

Nick