Back on the meds :(

shaky

shaky

I'm back on the meds - and I don't feel good.
Just no happiness, fun or enthusiasm for anything
This is what it does -
It's like being depressed
It's crap :mad:

fazza

fazza

I feel for you shaky. I have just gone back on my old injection and I feel like crap. I am sleeping 16-18 hours a day and my motivation levels are through the floor. I think I will have to have a chat with my c.p.n next friday

shaky

shaky

Today I'm not quite stable.
Feel agitated and excited and also like my brain is going half speed - so contradictory messages.
:unsure:

I'm going to go into the garden and smoke my pipe, that usually calms me down.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I think you take risperidone do you not? I found paliperidone to be very counter productive. When I was on it I had severe insomnia and weird auditory hallucinations. Have you tried other APs? I take a combination therapy. My 2 APs are quetiapine 600mg as well as perphenazine 8mg. I find first generation psych meds to work better than second generation meds. It does cause me to sort of feel nothing but I'm generally stable on it.

shaky

shaky

I' still on 1mg Risperidone a day
I have no joy in my life now.
And I keep thinking of self-harm
Anything to have some excitement
:BLAH:

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I' still on 1mg Risperidone a day
I have no joy in my life now.
And I keep thinking of self-harm
Anything to have some excitement
:BLAH:
I'm sorry shaky. I took 1mg risperidone for a little while. It just kept me wired and confused. I wish you could find something that is a better fit for you.

Kerome

Kerome

That’s what dopamine suppressors tend to do, take some of the excitement and reward stimulus out of your brain. I know, it’s a sad state of affairs, and I think Risperidone is not one of the better medications. But at least 1 mg is quite a low dose.

Hope you feel better soon shaky.

Hikikomori1979

Hikikomori1979

That’s what dopamine suppressors tend to do, take some of the excitement and reward stimulus out of your brain. I know, it’s a sad state of affairs, and I think Risperidone is not one of the better medications. But at least 1 mg is quite a low dose.

Hope you feel better soon shaky.
Im on this as well... ive become extremely self aware of my thoughts, trying to hold together a conversation and im also very conscious of looking at myself in the mirror and wondering who that person was

N

nightmare57

I've just had my paliperidone increased from 75mg to 100mg and although it has got rid of my obsessive delusions I'm finding things less pleasurable and unable to daydream. I kinda miss my delusional state?