• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Back on Risperidone

H

HumbleHubby

Hi all,

Quick update from me.

I am back on Risperidone 4mg daily, I feel better to be honest, voices very quiet sometimes disappear. Bad news is that I have literally no sex drive, can't finish even if I want to.

Apart from that it looks more positive, I am waiting for an assessement for my multiple personality disorder, 18 months waiting list, latest would be Janaury 2022 but at least I am on the waiting list.

Abit disappointed I could not hack life without the A/P but at least its a move in the right direction.

D

Deleted member 91261

hello i know good things about risperidone
it got rid of my voices altogether
i had to come off of it because of lactating if your having problems with your sex drive you could try talking to a dr who would do a gas sheet with you?
all the best x

Jam1990

Jam1990

I was on 3mg of Risperidone for many months. It seemed to work alright for me. It also killed my sex drive. Recently I've been switched to Quetiapine (Seroquel) because I was having trouble sleeping. The quetiapine seems to be doing better for me in regards to symptoms and my sex drive is back. The only negative is that it's hard to get out of bed and I crave sugar a lot.