• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Back on celexa extremely depressed

G

Goingback1

I'm on my 6th day taking celexa I use to take it years ago and I'm on and valium. my anxiety is reduced but I am beyond depressed no will to get up, no interest in anything, I feel dead!!

H

Headingtothelight

Who’s the people who your mainly around? are they happy and positive people? is this getting worse due to lockdown? why don’t you try looking into conspiracy’s or the people underground or something and maybe get your imagination going abit x
do some guided meditation on yt sounds silly really really works x

G

Goingback1

No no this is absolutely nothing from lock down. I've had serious depression under control for years now I've been on SSRIs all my adult life. I'm going back to celexa now which is helping my anxiety but I feel super depressed. It use to work before on me maybe this is part of start up sydrome. Trust me I'm a loner and like it that way my depression has nothing to do with the lock down or people around me that's all fine

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

No no this is absolutely nothing from lock down. I've had serious depression under control for years now I've been on SSRIs all my adult life. I'm going back to celexa now which is helping my anxiety but I feel super depressed. It use to work before on me maybe this is part of start up sydrome. Trust me I'm a loner and like it that way my depression has nothing to do with the lock down or people around me that's all fine
Do you know why you are depressed?

G

Goingback1

Do you know why you are depressed?
No I don't. I've been on SSRIs for years which helped the depression and latley they lost there effect so I'm trying different SSRIs with no luck. I feel anxiety but mostly my mood is just nothing and hopeless feeling. The gears in my head have totally stopped moving and it's a dread waking up each day knowing it will be another day filled with negativity

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

No I don't. I've been on SSRIs for years which helped the depression and latley they lost there effect so I'm trying different SSRIs with no luck. I feel anxiety but mostly my mood is just nothing and hopeless feeling. The gears in my head have totally stopped moving and it's a dread waking up each day knowing it will be another day filled with negativity
Try making small changes. I've been through very bad depression many times. Mood and energy are linked very closely. Your mood and thus your associated energy levels will increase as you make changes and break through different negative aspects of life.

G

Goingback1

Try making small changes. I've been through very bad depression many times. Mood and energy are linked very closely. Your mood and thus your associated energy levels will increase as you make changes and break through different negative aspects of life.
That's the problem I am out everyday trying to walk, bikeride, eating vegetables. The depression is not lifting I'm just stuck in a cloud of pointlessness. Can't find joy in anything at all. Can't even watch tv it's miserable

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

That's the problem I am out everyday trying to walk, bikeride, eating vegetables. The depression is not lifting I'm just stuck in a cloud of pointlessness. Can't find joy in anything at all. Can't even watch tv it's miserable
Is there much variation in your routine? What about social life?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

by pointlessness do you feel empty and without purpose in anything you do?

U

user9898

Do you have any interests, career, life goals?

G

Goingback1

Yes I feel empty and the problem is not finding purpose. Of I'm around people or if I get a job that type of purpose does not help me at all. There really is no goal oriented things that will lift my mood. I have no job and could never pass an interview in this mental state. I have so much brain fog, such a negative attitude, heck I don't even want a job or to go for an interview. An 8 hour shift at a place would feel like torture because I know I'll be depressed the whole day and people will see that and catch that vibe on me and I'll want to just leave work or the building and get away from people. I have anxiety with major depression. I remember how I was before depression and anxiety and it was great actually enjoying a tv show or video game or friends or even working to make money to better my future. I remember being able to hangout with people sober and have have fun! Now if I do try to hangout with people even tho I won't because my mental state is to down I need alochol to atleast carry on a conversation... I am not a drinker either I gave it up years ago but hypethetically I'll need a drink to feel some sort of kick or fun. Really is horrible how are brains can change for the worse. I wish I could enjoy a video game you know how you explore all small parts of an rpg and read every text dialogue from the game characters and your engulfed in the game or maybe it's something like reading a book. Can't do it don't want to do it. Tried to do I just get anxiety and rush through hobbies and interests. Tried faking it but nothing's working

Catty5

Catty5

I'm on my 6th day taking celexa I use to take it years ago and I'm on and valium. my anxiety is reduced but I am beyond depressed no will to get up, no interest in anything, I feel dead!!
Hello
I truly hope Celexa will work for you again !!! Depression is horrible ... I know it