• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Back in the saddle again

O

october123

well i thought i had this little problem beat....i mean it's been YEARS ....and then for no reason i bought something that could be used for self harm at the store a few days ago...i haven't used them yet but my inner self harm demon whom is a grinning unstoppable pain dealing monster with no regrets has been whispering in my ear telling me how free i will feel if i will just give in....hell i thought i had this beat years ago. i might need some help b4 this gets out of hand .......and i know from experience it will if i don't get things under control before i start harming that like a giant snowball getting biger and bigger going down a hill my inner SH demon will become a massive problem i can't control.i need to talk about treatments for self harm injuries and hospitals but i dont think that would be too cool in this forum it seems to be pretty much g rated only and the last thing i want to do is trigger anyone or offend the group. well here it is my first post . welcome to any replies or ideas .

2Much2Feel

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support are available right now. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

2Much2Feel

well i thought i had this little problem beat....i mean it's been YEARS ....and then for no reason i bought something that could be used for self harm at the store a few days ago...i haven't used them yet but my inner self harm demon whom is a grinning unstoppable pain dealing monster with no regrets has been whispering in my ear telling me how free i will feel if i will just give in....hell i thought i had this beat years ago. i might need some help b4 this gets out of hand .......and i know from experience it will if i don't get things under control before i start harming that like a giant snowball getting biger and bigger going down a hill my inner SH demon will become a massive problem i can't control.i need to talk about treatments for self harm injuries and hospitals but i dont think that would be too cool in this forum it seems to be pretty much g rated only and the last thing i want to do is trigger anyone or offend the group. well here it is my first post . welcome to any replies or ideas .
Hey, @october123, welcome to the forum. Know the feeling. Do you think you can contact someone you're close to, do you have family or a friend that you can call? This moment, as it sounds like you are aware, is a critical one for avoiding doing anything that could potentially end your life. It can happen so quickly. If you can't reach out to friend or family, can you call an emergency hotline? I'm confused about your location, so not sure if the ones above suffice. In any case, at least you came here.

This is a really supportive forum and there are so many of us who can relate to this. I've gone 2 years now, but live with the scars that severely limit what I can wear and cause embarrassment, etc. Do you know of any techniques that work for you when you get like this? Like distraction with a TV show, etc? Or a cold shower, ice, a rubber band around the wrist. I know those only help so much, but it can be good to think ahead of a plan of what to do if you start really spiralling.

I don't have any great advice because I don't really know what has kept me from doing it except maybe that I've cut myself off from relationships that could hurt me, which is unhealthy. Highly recommend staying away from drinking, as in my experience, this has made my judgment extremely poor when in this frame of mind. Just keep talking here if it helps. Whatever can keep it at bay. Again, welcome to the forum and I hope you get some helpful advice here. xx

O

october123

i actually don't feel like i want to die i just feel like i want to self harm ......thank you for your genuine concern it warms my heart to know that are nice people like you out there that care for others .......thank you my friend ......peace be with you.

O

october123

Hey, @october123, welcome to the forum. Know the feeling. Do you think you can contact someone you're close to, do you have family or a friend that you can call? This moment, as it sounds like you are aware, is a critical one for avoiding doing anything that could potentially end your life. It can happen so quickly. If you can't reach out to friend or family, can you call an emergency hotline? I'm confused about your location, so not sure if the ones above suffice. In any case, at least you came here.

This is a really supportive forum and there are so many of us who can relate to this. I've gone 2 years now, but live with the scars that severely limit what I can wear and cause embarrassment, etc. Do you know of any techniques that work for you when you get like this? Like distraction with a TV show, etc? Or a cold shower, ice, a rubber band around the wrist. I know those only help so much, but it can be good to think ahead of a plan of what to do if you start really spiralling.

I don't have any great advice because I don't really know what has kept me from doing it except maybe that I've cut myself off from relationships that could hurt me, which is unhealthy. Highly recommend staying away from drinking, as in my experience, this has made my judgment extremely poor when in this frame of mind. Just keep talking here if it helps. Whatever can keep it at bay. Again, welcome to the forum and I hope you get some helpful advice here. xx
thank you for your caring words and kindness i get the feeling you can really identify with what im dealing with .....thank you for sharing your experiences with me and your exellent advice.............the rubberband trick does work .....i will have to try that one again thanks for caring and the good advice.

O

october123

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support are available right now. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.
thanks for your caring thoughts and

thank you for the understanding .....i have bad scars too.... i am so glad to be here .... i feel safe here....i got alot of great advice from all kinds of people who really care for others. i get a good vibe from this place and the cool people here.

A

ape130

Also another thing that has helped me is getting rid of the tool I have to SH with. Some times I've needed someone to stay on the phone with me while I go drive to a dumpster away from my home. Other times I've been able to do it on my own