• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Back from hospitalisation, due to my supposed gender disorder which wasnt real

V

volnash

Back from hospitalisation, due to my supposed gender disorder which wasnt real

So there it is, my gender issues got me commited that's why ive been away a while, i am straight just to set the record here and due to the fact that i imagined i was a female, with no roots in childhood, i was hospitalised this was also because family expressed concern towards me, and reported me, bummer.

The feelings were something i got over though, i did not suppress them big difference there, i hope people have been okay when i have been away and i am glad to be back.

Furthermore i hope i didnt offend anyone in my state.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome back Volnash. I was only wondering earlier where you were.

Nice to have you back.

Marliee x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's good to see you back, Volnash. :hug1:

It must be a relief to be out of hospital.
Are you feeling better now?
Also, how do you feel about your gender issues being declared 'not real'? Is that ok with you?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to know that you're ok and recovering from what seems like a very stressful period.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
Good to see you back Volnash, I was wondering how you were too. I'm sure you haven't offended anyone here. Sounds like you've been having a tough time, being in hospital, I hope things are more settled again for you now, it must have been a difficult issue to come to terms with. All the best, A. x

V

volnash

Well my feelings didnt have a specific root somewhere, and they can be met with simply roleplaying and i didnt get taken seriously because i wasnt attracted to men at all, once that was settled it was deemed a psychological disorder, and not gender related they put me through a screening test to rule out any real gender disorder, and it failed short.

All in all im free of such feelings now, or atleast they have subsided in force, and i tried to wear a dress for the occasion but it didnt satisfy any inner feelings or needs, so it came short aswell and i guess it was as they said, a short lived psychosis/delusion, even though no hallucinations or voices were present.

To be honest, im no closer to an answer regarding my issue, it's way too complex to solve quickly, and i believe it can be related to lack of attention in childhood, and the fact that females get attention everywhere, over considering this fact, i realised that only men would give me attention, and this i do not want, which also failed short of what i was experiencing, which was more of a relation to females rather than wanting to be one.

I have found out through therapy that i am fascinated by the female anatomy, but i dont want to have it for myself, as im happy with my masculine figure, this also tells me that these feelings are somewhat unusual, and im no closer to an answer.

Last edited:
*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The feelings were something i got over though, i did not suppress them big difference there, i hope people have been okay when i have been away and i am glad to be back.

Furthermore i hope i didnt offend anyone in my state.
It is fantastic to see you back here on the forum. You didn't offend me at all; i have nothing but compassion. Great that you did not supress them and that you were honest about them and that you saw them through. It is good to see you again and best wishes.