• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Back, and back to my old self

L

Lab rat

It’s no secret my mh took a dip over the last month or so. I’m pretty much back to my old self, for better or worse.

I’ve just focused on working, the job is now complete. I was hired as a contractor to produce an android and iOS app for the workers at a local embroidery company to keep track of their work. It was interesting, albeit short term, it took me 12 weeks start to finish and they were very happy with the results. At least it’s another project for the cv and it has helped my mh having something to concentrate hard on.

hope you all are doing well! My mh follows a predictable pattern and dips near Xmas every year, so it’s not entirely unexpected 😞

I doubt my chances of finding employment in the near future, so it’s back on benefits for me! Will this virus never end?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Well done for creating the app, you should be very proud of yourself.
I hope you find decent employment very soon.
I hope the virus ends soon to.
Hugs

L

Lab rat

I’m not planning on looking for work until at least feb/March. There really is no work around at the moment. Going to concentrate on my studies for a while. Plus Xmas is a bad time for me and my mh is barely stable as it is.

L

Lab rat

Thanks ladyfair! Are you an insomniac too? It’s 5 am where I am.

L

Lab rat

Insomnia comes in handy sometimes. While I was working on the app, I focused, and I mean focused! Some days I was working from home for 16/18 hrs. They got the finished software much earlier than I quoted (originally it was due to be implemented on dec 18th) so it looks really good on me, I have a new project and reference, everybody’s happy and when it was complete I seemed to sleep better.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Insomnia comes in handy sometimes. While I was working on the app, I focused, and I mean focused! Some days I was working from home for 16/18 hrs. They got the finished software much earlier than I quoted (originally it was due to be implemented on dec 18th) so it looks really good on me, I have a new project and reference, everybody’s happy and when it was complete I seemed to sleep better.
Get your big brain into cypto currencies while its still early and set your self up.

L

Lab rat

I’m currently doing e-commerce in my hnc course by some odd coincidence. I am also studying ethereum because I think that’s the way of the future, I think the Bitcoin buzz will drop off as ethereum is so much better for smaller transactions. With Bitcoin you have to convert such a large sum to begin with, and if you only want to spend $20 you have such a lot left over. Ethereum can be linked to a credit card and has other advantages. That’s my prediction for the future.

don’t know about big brain 😂 I just read a lot, memory is my biggest problem, I have to do things many times to pick them up. Never used to be that way before I started on the meds 😞

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I’m currently doing e-commerce in my hnc course by some odd coincidence. I am also studying ethereum because I think that’s the way of the future, I think the Bitcoin buzz will drop off as ethereum is so much better for smaller transactions. With Bitcoin you have to convert such a large sum to begin with, and if you only want to spend $20 you have such a lot left over. Ethereum can be linked to a credit card and has other advantages. That’s my prediction for the future.

don’t know about big brain 😂 I just read a lot, memory is my biggest problem, I have to do things many times to pick them up. Never used to be that way before I started on the meds 😞
😀 etherium will always ride the bitcoin coat tails. Fiat currencies will be obsolete soon and the precious metal market has already been cornered. Glad your studying that area you will be part of the next revolution.

L

Lab rat

Thanks dude, it’s nice to have a conversation outside of my coursemates about cryptocurrency. While we may disagree about Bitcoin, you make some very valid points. But at the end of the day time will tell. Finance is changing and I’m not too knowledgeable about that, whereas you obviously know a lot more.

let’s be honest, it’s anybody’s game and how the product is marketed is going to be what decides it. Are you in the industry mate? With this coronavirus, e commerce is really booming, with Xmas round the corner, servers are collapsing all over the place. There has never been a better time to get into I.T. But a lot of people have the same idea and the knock on economical effects are going to destroy a hell of a lot!

im hoping to go back to work next year, but you can’t make plans in this economy, I just have to take it as it comes. Who knows? There could be a third or fourth lockdown, there could be a magic vaccine that fixes everything. But even if that is the case, somebody’s got to pay the bill for the last year!