• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

back again...

C

cagedinCT

i haven't posted in a while because after my first post i started to get happy and then was scared to check back and see if i actually had problems. the past month i think i've really been in my manic phase because i was very happy everyday and had many symptoms of being manic. but now i'm back to the depressing stage and finally realized i need to do something about it. i'm planning on talking to my parents about it and going to get help. but it's just soo hard to convince myself that i'm going to have to live with something like this. i know i can't just keep pushing myself through my depression stage cuz they seem to get worse. i mean i am not suicidal at all and have never even thought of harming myself. but it sucks having to go through it. every time i just try to get through the "down" stage because once i start my "up" phase i get over it and don't even think about how bad it was constantly bugging out and feeling down. its like a high almost. but anyways i really think i should go see a doctor but the thing is i'm kind of scared to get put on pills. i read all these stories how it seems like once you get on them you can't really turn back. but i dunno, that's why i'm posting this so i can hear what others have to say.
and i must say this forum has helped me a lot. i don't post that much but reading others stories make me feel better because i know i'm not alone. i only really have 2 or 3 friends who go through what i do and they help to. this forum has helped them too. anyway thanks for reading and providing any help you can.

T

TOONAFISH

hiya

have you never spoke to a doctor about your symptoms?? Do your family not notice a difference in your highs and lows? How are you feeling at the moment?

Right thats enough questions lol:p

C

cagedinCT

I plan on going to a doctor soon. The reason i've been starting to talk to my parents about it is because they have been noticing now. Which actually makes me happier because it's really hard to come out about it. Right now i'm actually in a very happy mood. But I really only think thats because a lot of good things happened today and got me out of my bad mood. So i expect to probably go back to being low by the end of the night. Which sucks. It really had to come at the worst time. I have finals now and i can't concentrate. I've been awake all night for the past two nights bugging out about nothing and constantly thinking. The holiday season is coming up and I have no idea what to expect. Really matters on how everything goes. But even though i'll be happier, I still know i'm gonna have bad down times.

K

Kat667

I'm 35, and my father had been telling me to see someone about it for years (since my early to mid twenties) I thought it was normal and manageable but it wasn't and has my 'mood swings' have been like a roller coaster for those close to me and caused me to loose jobs (simply walking out when i'm depressed and not going back or kicking off when i had a worse day than usual). It would be a good idea to talk to family or close friends who may notice the extremes of mood more readily than you do. That's how it was for me, when my father explained how bad I really get in a manic phase, I was mortified.
It is hard to concentrate, but it can be done, still think I could have made so much more out of my life by now if I'd done something about my condition sooner. Good luck.:)