• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

back again

O

ocdlolcow

My obsession with my past is getting 100% worse. I cannot speak with others without having the urge to tell them how evil I am. Once I start feeling better about one issue, another one comes back or a new one pops up. I feel so guilty. I wanna hide from the world. What can I do to feel better? I've resisted confessing things to people; I'm not sure if I feel better or worse for it.

October Rust

October Rust

hey there, i feel the same way. i've found that confessing is actually a form of compulsion for many, since you're trying to gauge people's response to your action by confessing the things you've done. so, good on you for being able to resist the urge to confess. and, i totally relate to feeling the need to tell others that you're "evil". whenever someone says something nice about me, i almost get this feeling of impostor syndrome, like i'm not deserving of their compliments or friendship. unfortunately i don't have a solution to this feeling but just know you're never alone and there are so many others who share the same feeling.

E

EER

Hi, I just read over your past posts and wanted to say I have been experiencing the same feelings of guilt and anxiety for the past few months. There were many things I did when I was young that worried me so much, wondering if it was normal or there was something wrong with me and it drove me crazy. It got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and fully opened up to my mum and told her everything. I felt the same feelings of wanting to tell her how much of a horrible person I was, but after seeing her reaction a weight was lofted from my shoulders. it is the most difficult thing to try and muster up the courage, but opening up to anyone, a therapist even is the best thing you can do. I have been seeing a therapist and you can truly tell them everything, when I first spoke to her I wanted to scream at her telling her that I am an evil person and she shouldn't feel sorry for me, but over time you will get better and you will get through this.
I wish you all the best and you can get through this, trust me!