• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bach's Rescue Remedy

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I've heard about this natural remedy for anxiety etc and was wondering if anyone had tried it and whether it works etc.

A

Apotheosis

I bought 2 bottles of it the other day - One is the rescue sleep remedy & the other is a de-stress one.

It won't do any harm. I like the sleep one, it tastes really nice.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Let me know if you find they work, I'm trying to find an alternative to diazepam for my anxiety. My only problem with sleep seems to be I want to sleep too much!

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
If you can get the remedies made by Healing Herbs
http://www.healingherbs.co.uk/aboutus.asp

As the branded ones "Bach" are made by Nelsons now. After Bach and his sisters died the company was bought by Nelsons. Previously, as specified by Dr Bach, all remedies had been made by hand naturally. Nelsons "semi-mechanised" the manufacture to enable mass production.

They dont even use real brandy to preserve them.

Julian Barnard of Healing Herbs started making them according to the original method, preserved in organic brandy etc. He fought very hard at court to be able to use the term "Bach Remedy" (I was a little bit involved in the case), got it, but he has to call his "rescue remedy" Five Flower Remedy.

So, here is the situation: Healing Herbs remedies are more authentic than the ones bearing Bach's name.
Thats the modern world for you!!!

Interesting to note how Bach discovered this type of medicine (read on if interested).....

He was a bacteriologist with a busy practice on Harley Street. He questioned why people with the same condition treated with the exact same medicine had differing results. Good question!

He came to believe that it was down to personality, faith, optimism, belief etc. in short: attitude.

So he set about creating natural homeopathic remedies to treat personalites and negative states of mind. Using flowers, the method involved spring water from the nearest source to where the flower grows. It has to have chosen to grow there, not be planted there. Float the petals (never touched by human hand nor metal) on the spring water in a crystal bowl for 24 hours under full sun and moon. If a cloud paases and shades the bowl, tip it away and start again.

Once the mother tincture is produced it is diluted to homeopathic proportions and preserved in fine brandy.

Julian did tell me a bit about how nelsons are doing it, and it is not like as described above!

Does not mean the nelsons remedies are without merit. But as someone who is trained in the use of these remedies (and I have even made one myself - from a lily) I would only recommend and use healing Herbs remedies now.

Hope this is informative. And if it is just plain boring, please forgive me!!!

:tea: