• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

AVPD(Avoidant Personality Disorder) and diagnosis.

mirrormaker

mirrormaker

Sanjuro, you don't need to be so harsh on yourself. The only reason we are all alive is by chance. You are doing nothin wrong, because you are not harming anyone.

Some of us just have personalities that do not fit well with other people. Some of us really struggle with life because our brain was configured to feel fear, to not be smart, to be lazy, to get too angry. Some of us had a bad face, bad breath, small dick, annoying voice
You don't need to be like the others. You just have to live your own way with the conditions you have.

I'm lazy, my dick can't get hard with a girl, i have fear of life and i can't take decisions. I sometimes find the energy to try to overcome this problems and i sometimes feel really depressed and endure it the best i can.

Is the life i have. Is one of many. Is not more or less important than yours or that from the most succesful man in history.

I just try to enjoy it when my brain lets me. When it doesn't, going for a walk or reading this forum usually helps. Going to places where there is people can help too. For example reading a book in the park or walking in a mall, maybe buying a drink you like.
I'm very bad in going out of my confort zone, but i have some moments when i feel more brave. Maybe you can try to gather some energy and try to join a sport like padel or a gym. Many people swim in the pool alone. All this activities usually help me so they may help you too.

And above all, know that we are millions of people struggling with life. You are not alone. Have a big hug

Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I cannot afford when people around me dont accept me or understimate me,it hurts emotionally.:( My previous work enviroment hurt me so bad cause i had some bitches that did to me backbiting and slandering,this caused me depression and took meds that got me fat,so now another problem to solve.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro

This kind of personality disorder has no treatment actually,you keep doing psychotherapy and taking meds hoping just to balance some of the symptoms,it's dissapointing.I have a better job than before,even if i don't like it,i have more money than before,but still so sad and lack of satisfaction.

mirrormaker

mirrormaker

satisfaction is hard to find. it usually comes from completing objectives. they don't need to be difficult ones. for example you can try to loose a bit of weight just by running half an hour or going for a long walk. this is an objective suitable for everyone and it will improve your mood. but don't take it too seriously in the beggining. start with small walks and day after day you will have a bit more of energy

Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Not in mood yet to set objectives,im in depressed and sadness mode still.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I read that an alternative therapy for personality disorders is the schema therapy,anyone tried this to tell me more?

MollyBloom

MollyBloom

I read that an alternative therapy for personality disorders is the schema therapy,anyone tried this to tell me more?
Schema Focused Therapy (SFT) is designed for BPD and its scientific validation is verified and proven. It's a good alternative for DBT but the outcome is more or less similar, with minor advantage for SFT when ik comes to tackling impulsive behaviour.

Unfortunately SFT isn't offered in many mental health settings because mental health professionals aren't trained.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I don't want to lose my money in CBT long treatment,waiting 2-3 years to see improvement.:mad:

MollyBloom

MollyBloom

But CBT is different than DBT and SFT. CBT is the shortest of all. Seeing an improvement is a process and the word 'process' entails a duration, a chronicity, it has to take time. A slow growing tree is stronger in storms than a fast growing tree. Same for mental health problems. Slow healing takes deeper roots and will make you stronger than fast therapies but I understand that's difficult in a society of the dictatorship of instant gratification. However, a mental health healing process is not something like an order on Amazon Prime to get within 24 hours.

The main problem is that people with a mental illness want to go fast in their recovery, they prefer quick fixes and solutions because they see healing as commodity like buying a car or ordering a meal with UberEats. But instant gratification hasn't solved anything so far. It's an empty solution and delusion that only creates disappointment and unhappiness. We as a society have to learn slow living, slow pacing, slow dining, slow healing, slow recovering, everything slow, to calm the mind, to be mindful and less impulsive.

jajingna

jajingna

slow healing, slow recovering
Makes sense. When you've lived with certain problems for a long time, it seems unrealistic to think you can just get over them quickly. Most of these long-term problems don't just go away so easily. A little bit at a time is more realistic, and any progress is better than none.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Slow progress= early dissapointment through the therapy.

jajingna

jajingna

I taught English as a foreign language. Students would sometimes be frustrated at their slow progress. Maybe getting healthier mentally is like learning a foreign language.

Say you want to save up a thousand dollars, but you can only afford to save ten bucks a week. Something like that.