• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Avoidant personality with dependence, anxiety and low self esteem

S

Str8arrow

Hi all,

My first topic on the forum. As you can figure out from the heading, its pretty straight forward. I have been struggling with my personality issues since teenage. Made friends but lost them because they decided to ditch me as time went by or I could not do enough to hold on to them. I'm 28 right now and I feel pretty down because of this. At 28 , I do not have close friends or sometimes even friends I can talk to and go about my day. This has created a toxic belief system in me about myself that I'm not good enough or I lack something. Does anyone feel or have similar stuff going on? I have lot of things to share, but don't want to overburden it all in the first post.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome to the forum. You do have a lot to deal with don't you? Its all so much stress and struggle for you. What happens when you make a friendship? Do you then avoid them and lose them that way?

I don't think you lack something. I think more people than care to admit it have trouble making friends and coping with anxiety. It is a destructive MH condition and leads to fears about everything. Have you ever tried therapy to get to the bottom of what is wrong with you? I think it could really help.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Avoidant Personality // Career Success Personality Disorders Forum 1
C Does anyone know what its like to have Avoidant Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 7
I Avoidant Personality disorder and terrified to talk on the phone Personality Disorders Forum 15
B Avoidant personality disorder triggers Personality Disorders Forum 4
T I made a song about schizotypal personality disorder and wanted to share Personality Disorders Forum 2
A Unknown Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 18
S Dependent personality disorder. If so, how did you overcome it? Personality Disorders Forum 3
T What personality disorder i have? Personality Disorders Forum 5
T Does my nephew sound like he has personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 3
anayamoo Obsessive compulsive personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 16
G Can People With Personality Disorders Still Be Good Parents Personality Disorders Forum 6
L Past relationship advice borderline personality Personality Disorders Forum 3
L Borderline Personality Disorder - Has anyone experienced something like this? Personality Disorders Forum 2
K do people with dependent personality disorder suffer from social anxiety Personality Disorders Forum 3
E Undiagnosable personality disorder Personality Disorders Forum 6
C What is a Personality Disorder? Personality Disorders Forum 14
BLUESTAR009 Never diagnosed with any personality disorder though recently self sabotage my happiness Personality Disorders Forum 2
E Can people with paranoid personality disorder be dangerous? Personality Disorders Forum 29
AnxiousE Anyone else with Dependent Personality Disorder or traits of it? Personality Disorders Forum 2
Star_light Living with HPD: Histrionic Personality Disorder Personality Disorders Forum 21