Avoidant personality disorder or social phobia?

A

Azelka

Yeah I know you aren't professionals but I can't talk to mine, I'm stuck for some reason so I'm asking this question to you : I think I'm the center of anyone's attention when I go outside alone, like everyone is watching me and judging me or talking about me it is so intense that I try to think in their shoes, like I talk about myself in their shoes

albie

albie

I have a friend like that. Must be very weird.

I

itsmeagain

It's fairly common Azelka.
Feeling overly self conscious affects so many people.
Keep control by challenging your assumptions and thinking so what if they are looking at me?
Their problem.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I struggled and still do for years with this but a therapist said to me. ‘What do you think is so special about you that everyone has to talk about you’ When I thought about it I’m just an ordinary everyday person. Not good looking but not an ogre, I am clean and tidy. So why should anyone be talking about me. It doesn’t stop the thoughts but it helps you to put them into perspective and makes your thoughts easier to control

Daf

Soul_Deeps

Soul_Deeps

I struggled and still do for years with this but a therapist said to me. ‘What do you think is so special about you that everyone has to talk about you’ When I thought about it I’m just an ordinary everyday person. Not good looking but not an ogre, I am clean and tidy. So why should anyone be talking about me. It doesn’t stop the thoughts but it helps you to put them into perspective and makes your thoughts easier to control

Daf
I've heard that too but I don't know about that. It's less about what makes you special but more about what makes you noticeable. Your looks, how you move, behave, what you do, everything, it feels like even though you try being undetected you get everyone's attention just because you are doing something very wrong, may it be stuff you are not sure about or stuff that you feel you have no control over.