Australian Work Holiday visa

G

Garrett007

I applied for my australian work visa a few days ago and am worried about having to go through the examination process and/or being refused do to my mental illness. I am currently taking an SNRI for depression and anxiety and declared it on my application. I am stable and ready to work even just recently returned from travelling South America which was partly the motivation to keep seeing more of the world. I live in Toronto, Canada so Australia would be a big move and something I really have my heart set on.

Can anyone give me any advice or information on this as I am still awaiting a response on my application. Anyone I know that has applied for one has gotten an approval with in hours and I have been waiting almost 4 days. Starting to wonder

Please let me know! Thank you

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I applied for my australian work visa a few days ago and am worried about having to go through the examination process and/or being refused do to my mental illness. I am currently taking an SNRI for depression and anxiety and declared it on my application. I am stable and ready to work even just recently returned from travelling South America which was partly the motivation to keep seeing more of the world. I live in Toronto, Canada so Australia would be a big move and something I really have my heart set on.

Can anyone give me any advice or information on this as I am still awaiting a response on my application. Anyone I know that has applied for one has gotten an approval with in hours and I have been waiting almost 4 days. Starting to wonder

Hi

I live in Australia

Depression will not stop you getting a Work Visa - we are desperate for workers in some areas.

good luck

BDU

somedaymaybe

somedaymaybe

I live in Australia, and my partner is from the United Kingdom. He applied for a working holiday visa last year and he is a sufferer of anxiety and is on medication. He didn't receive approval until a month after applying. I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that he has a mental illness, the Australian Government just need to be thorough, and sometimes they may check things quickly and sometimes they don't. I personally think they just like to take the piss at times, and make people wait, not for any sort of reason like they're against people with a mental illness, but just because they simply can take as much time as they want. Lol. Definitely don't worry; if you don't have a criminal record, I'd say you're most likely to be approved.