Aunt of teen age girl with ED

G

ginetta

My 14-year-old niece was recently diagnosed with ED, and has been hospitalized twice already. She lives in the Seattle area, and while the parents are doing everything they can together with a nutritionist, therapist and a pediatrician, it doesn't seem to be enough. It is overwhelming, sad, and scary for the family, and most of all for her parents. I live in the North-East, so the most I can do is in places like this forum to try to gather information for them.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello ginetta so sorry to hear about this. is your neice recieving counselling? do you know what it is that is causing this? food might be the surface issue as bad as that is.

food withdrawl (sp? spell check is not working on this forum) in a young person is the area in their life where they feel that they have control. and maybe counselling might get to the root cause.:hug1:

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. We have an ED section if that helps. Don't give up if you aren't answered immediately as people come and go on here. I hope you find the help you seek.

Flameheart (was BPDevil)

Flameheart (was BPDevil)

this maybe a vast assumption, but does she spend a lot of time on the internet? you might have to monitor what sites she visits, who she follows etc, I also had an ED at 14 and social media played into it a lot because it has a bigger influence than a lot of people think especially when you're young

also do you know if anyone in her friend group are having similar issues?