• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Auditory Hallucinations are by Definition Unpleasant

S

skyblue

A misconceived comment about hearing voices on Psychology Today.

See my response.

Post your comment!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...tory-hallucinations-are-definition-unpleasant
I disagree with this article. I have Bipolar and when manic, I hear voices. They are not all necessarily unpleasant to me, although 2 are.
I hear 3 voices, the 2 that are bad I ignore, the other 1 is from a passed close relative who died in a horrific road accident 4yrs ago. She sends me messages and actually helps me. She tells me everything is going to be ok.

So, yes I agree with you Voice5, this artical is misunderstanding.

Last edited:
V

var1able

I enjoy my hallucinations whenever i have them.. mostly. It's like a wild ride.
:clap::scared:

M

mad as a hatter

nah i don,t like mine at all can be scary at times

S

Sandy

Yh mine aren't pleasant either. Occasionally when I was manic there would be some good messages sent. But more consistently they seem to evil and demonic. I'm Bipolar Type 2...and when I haven't slept, stressed out and have alot on my plate. I tend to hear voices, they criticize and put me done and often make references to occultic things.

It's so weird cos I really love God and I tend to experience more messages from darkness than light. Often baffles me but God is still there and is actively protecting me through my mother. She knows me sooo well and she really looks after me :)

But the battle rages on...there is hope. As long as there's life there's hope.:D

P

Pat

scary woice

I only have 1 voice but he is with me all the time. He's almost always horrible. He tells me to kill myself and tells me how to do it. Sometimes he controls what i do, how i walk - sometimes he only allows me to walk in straight lines, sometimes he controls what i eat or who Im allowed to speak to

P

Pat

scary voice

I only have 1 voice but he is with me all the time. He's almost always horrible. He tells me to kill myself and tells me how to do it. Sometimes he controls what i do, how i walk - sometimes he only allows me to walk in straight lines, sometimes he controls what i eat or who Im allowed to speak to