Attempting to jog everyday.

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

Or atleast once a week..I don't rely on my will-power very often. There was a Bojack Horsmen episode where Bojack was tired of jogging and he got advice from another runner "it gets easier everyday, you just gotta do it. That's the hard part". Idk it just stuck with me. I'm hoping this will curb my depression somehow.

hicks

hicks

Nice one for starting out running. :clap:
There's no doubt to me that it does improve mental health state.
It may help to set yourself some goals e.g. run 5k in a certain time.
It does get easier, and before long it'll become a (good) habit, and part of your weekly routine.

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

Nice one for starting out running. :clap:
There's no doubt to me that it does improve mental health state.
It may help to set yourself some goals e.g. run 5k in a certain time.
It does get easier, and before long it'll become a (good) habit, and part of your weekly routine.
Thanks I hope so to. It takes about 1 month to developed a habit if its consistent :)

H

happyhello

I am currently dressed for running and have every intention to go. But, I keep falling into a catatonic state. In this state I get negative thoughts and I clench my buttocks and hunch my shoulders. It's very hard to walk, especially run, like this. I am embarrassed and afraid people will laugh at me. Believe me they will. If I could just relax.

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

I am currently dressed for running and have every intention to go. But, I keep falling into a catatonic state. In this state I get negative thoughts and I clench my buttocks and hunch my shoulders. It's very hard to walk, especially run, like this. I am embarrassed and afraid people will laugh at me. Believe me they will. If I could just relax.
Aw man, I hope there is a silver lining for your unsolicited negative thoughts :( maybe try yoga? Just to stretch and relax your leg muscles, even just a 5 minute stretch session is ideal.
Good luck! I tried exercising about two weeks ago but I haven't done anything else since then.
Thank you! And 1 whole work outs? That's awesome, believe it or not. Before I was depressed I worked 3 times a week but when it hit me I didn't work out at all for months. So even just the mere attempt of a 5 min work out deserves credit, so one full work out is stellar.

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

UPDATE: So last week I ran every morning and this week I didn't.. Darn haha. What I started to notice during my streak is that instead of dreading it I actually look forward to it. Jogging in the morning also forces me to shower, I come home all gross & sweaty so I have no choice. I have bad hygiene habits during depression so this helps. Got back into a slump this week though, I'll try again tomorrow .

H

happyhello

My mother doesn't want me to go to the gym in the morning because she wants me to sit on the couch with her and drink coffee. She is selfish.

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

My mother doesn't want me to go to the gym in the morning because she wants me to sit on the couch with her and drink coffee. She is selfish.
That totally sucks having a family member hold you back. If she's lonely she should make friends.