• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Ativan for a number of years????

U

Usedtolovelife

Anyone on a steady dose of Ativan for ptsd? I take an anti depressant, a mood stabilizer and 1 mg of Ativan every other day. My PTSD is bad plus I have a disfiguring autoimmune disease so the dr has allowed me to stay on the Ativan indefinitely....plus I am 63 so it’s about quality of life verses quality.
Anyone else take Ativan regularly for a number of years.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Anyone on a steady dose of Ativan for ptsd? I take an anti depressant, a mood stabilizer and 1 mg of Ativan every other day. My PTSD is bad plus I have a disfiguring autoimmune disease so the dr has allowed me to stay on the Ativan indefinitely....plus I am 63 so it’s about quality of life verses quality.
My Grandma did, from around 40 years old until she died in her 80's. She took it randomly but had 28 per month on repeat prescription. Much of that went in the bin. Doctor's don't prescribe it like that anymore but she had been on it so long, they let her keep it. She had a severe trauma when she was about 40 so that is why she was given it initially.

I think it does suck the energy but she still laughed often and talked, but was much more subdued that i know she was in the past. Sometimes these medications are needed though.

A

Aulty12

Yes, but started with Klonopin twice a day then psychiatrist put me on Xanax for panic attacks if needed.Then Dr. Changed me to Ativan. The Ativan keeps me pretty stable, but still need Xanax. Xanax works more quickly for panic attacks.

J

JeanPierre

Valium for chronic pain, anxiety / depression.
I am 62 and have taken it since I was 19.

Zero One

Zero One

I take it for anxiety and anger. I'm currently out of stock though and have been unsuccessful in getting through to my doctor to schedule an appointment or to do a refill. Today is my third day without it and I noticed more edginess.