• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

At what dose of Quetiapine (Seroquel) does daytime hangover get better?

A

Allways Curious

Hi, Currently Im on 100mg Immediate Release of Quetiapine (Seroquel) mainly for insomnia, but possibly for depression also. I take it at night and even after 8 months I still feel kinda hung over all day untill like 3 pm (I take it at 1030pm). I work for myself so the lack of motivation and energy makes it near impossible to work. Im aware that lower doses are more sedating but at what dose does this get better?
Im considering going up to 200mg or more to see if it helps with the depression (and not in the way that Im so out of it that im too tired to ruminate! ) but also not sure if my insomnia will come back (because of higher dose) or if the sedation will continue to be a deal breaker. I feel like if I stayed like this I will pass up more and more work and that is a problem. I have tried 150mg Extended release and OMG I was out of it most all day even worse so I stopped after a week and went back to the 100 IR.
Any experiences or advice with this? This is the only medication I take .
Thankyou in advance

Zero One

Zero One

Well I am on 800 mg of Seroquel and I can function through the day with a cup of tea or two, but it is really important to sleep as much as I can per night. Saturdays my mom helps so I can sleep and I can sleep until the evening. I am schizoaffective with Bipolar I though...

toutatis

toutatis

Hi @Allways Curious.

I've been on Seroquel 100 mg, and I had a friend who'd been prescribed it, as well. She was taking 300 mg daily if I recall correctly. I've also read quite a number of posts about people's experiences with Seroquel and it really does look as if it effects people differently, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what kind of dose would get rid of that sedated feeling, unfortunately.

At first I felt Seroquel was helping me, but then after a while I was experiencing too many side effects which I didn't like at all.

Probably be best to talk with your doctor about how this medication is effecting you.

Thanks.

A

Allways Curious

Well I am on 800 mg of Seroquel and I can function through the day with a cup of tea or two, but it is really important to sleep as much as I can per night. Saturdays my mom helps so I can sleep and I can sleep until the evening. I am schizoaffective with Bipolar I though...
Thankyou for your reply

A

Allways Curious

Hi @Allways Curious.

I've been on Seroquel 100 mg, and I had a friend who'd been prescribed it, as well. She was taking 300 mg daily if I recall correctly. I've also read quite a number of posts about people's experiences with Seroquel and it really does look as if it effects people differently, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what kind of dose would get rid of that sedated feeling, unfortunately.

At first I felt Seroquel was helping me, but then after a while I was experiencing too many side effects which I didn't like at all.

Probably be best to talk with your doctor about how this medication is effecting you.

Thanks.
Thankyou for your reply

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I'm on 600 mg of Seroquel for severe treatment-resistant bipolar depression. I don't get sleepy at all at this dosage. I wish I did because I have terrible insomnia.

A

Allways Curious

I'm on 600 mg of Seroquel for severe treatment-resistant bipolar depression. I don't get sleepy at all at this dosage. I wish I did because I have terrible insomnia.
The insomnia makes everything else worse. "normies" have NO IDEA HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT withougt psych /insomnia issues!! I dont know if you can take remeron/mertazapine with the seroquel (there is a moderate drug interaction that needs to be talked about) but that was one that did help me sleep. However there is weight gain and some sedation the next day. I hope you find something that finally gives you peace.