• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

At this point, why bother at all?

SicklyBloom

SicklyBloom

As of typing this, I feel extremely fatigued. I had a breakdown last Saturday and now I feel empty. I've taken nothing but long, hot showers but it doesn't seem to help. I've been having frequent headaches and sleep in until noon. All I can say is that I feel lifeless, like why do I breathe? Nobody in my household understands what's happening to me and I honestly don't expect them to. I'm dealing with this on my own and it's overwhelming to say the least. There's nothing that excites me anymore because trying to what I used to enjoy only breaks my heart. Why bother being alive if you're basically living within someone else's dream but not your own? I don't know what I'm trying to say because it only makes sense when I tell it to myself.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Depression is such a cruel condition. I can hear in your words just how low you feel. Just a few days ago you sounded a bit more positive and thinking of dating. I hope you can hold on to that. I know you are in such a difficult situation as you are not able to have therapy.

D

Daringdan

SicklyBloom,
If only you could at least have a break from feeling down, I don't know. I just hope sometime soon you awake from a good sleep feeling refreshed. It is likely to pass right? It's just hard to tell when.

SicklyBloom

SicklyBloom

Depression is such a cruel condition. I can hear in your words just how low you feel. Just a few days ago you sounded a bit more positive and thinking of dating. I hope you can hold on to that. I know you are in such a difficult situation as you are not able to have therapy.
It feels like a balancing act to be honest. I don't know if I should invest more time in my interests or focus on healing emotionally first. I honestly feel like I have to choose one because there's limitations at the moment. Besides, sometimes I'm highly indecisive and usually when I am sure of something, certain circumstances get in the way. I'm a strange case because I can go from being hopeful to hopeless because I second guess myself WAY too much.

SicklyBloom

SicklyBloom

Despite of my extreme thinking, I'm taking it easy. I still haven't lost of what I want, in case you're wondering. I've realized my only defense is just letting the depression works its way out of me.

bpd2020

bpd2020

You seem to be very insightful into how depression is effecting you and how you can let it pass. I think that is so positive.