• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

At the centre of a person's paranoid ideas

I

itsmeagain

Hi.
I work in a hospital and am again at the very heart of a person's paranoid ideas.
Person thinks I ruined her life, known me all her life, not possible due to age etc,.. Can anyone relate? How to ease the paranoia?
What would you do?

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi.
I work in a hospital and am again at the very heart of a person's paranoid ideas.
Person thinks I ruined her life, known me all her life, not possible due to age etc,.. Can anyone relate? How to ease the paranoia?
What would you do?
you have to ignore the fake parts of their mind. for example when living with someone with bipolar a person has to learn to ignore their moods. because most of them are not related to anything real. so you dont interact with them in the same way as a normal person whose brain is more wired to the external events of real reality. the mentally ill persons brain is manufacturing states that are not a response to real external things.

so you tune that out. and just respond to them more like you would a little child. you treat them with respect and sanity but at the same time ignore alot of what they are saying and doing and feeling etc... let them have it but dont feed it.

when im in a very bad bipolar mood i dont want anyone engaging with that mood thats coming from me. it helps me alot if people just ignore it. if they engage with these fake moods it makes it worse.

H

Hell00justme

you have to ignore the fake parts of their mind. for example when living with someone with bipolar a person has to learn to ignore their moods. because most of them are not related to anything real. so you dont interact with them in the same way as a normal person whose brain is more wired to the external events of real reality. the mentally ill persons brain is manufacturing states that are not a response to real external things.

so you tune that out. and just respond to them more like you would a little child. you treat them with respect and sanity but at the same time ignore alot of what they are saying and doing and feeling etc... let them have it but dont feed it.

when im in a very bad bipolar mood i dont want anyone engaging with that mood thats coming from me. it helps me alot if people just ignore it. if they engage with these fake moods it makes it worse.
Dont trust either of these two why are u reffering to schitzophenics as them and their and fake moods, if yr a nurse what u doing on here or is the girl right and if u was good caring nurse u would know frequenting places that a mentally ill person might be trying to use for their own benefit would be a really shitty thing to do and only induce more paranoia i dont want u on here and i dont know u maybe u should take a look at yr own and wonder why ppl have no trust

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dont trust either of these two why are u reffering to schitzophenics as them and their and fake moods, if yr a nurse what u doing on here or is the girl right and if u was good caring nurse u would know frequenting places that a mentally ill person might be trying to use for their own benefit would be a really shitty thing to do and only induce more paranoia i dont want u on here and i dont know u maybe u should take a look at yr own and wonder why ppl have no trust
my point is simply dont feed a persons insanity. dont interact and feed the unreal part of their mind. you ignore that part and interact with the real part. which helps them grow that real part

H

Hell00justme

Yeah i get what yr saying now and i suppose i am guilty when i wasnt accepting there was stuff wrong with me as to reffering to ppl as nutters but not myself i jumped the gun a bit reading yr thread and i can get a bit to passionate about stuff some of the experiences i have read are terrible and upsetting when u here the majority is poor care and facilitys but i do think its a bit off and in bad taste if yr a nurse to come on somewhere like this knowing it would only upset others with the knowledge she or he should already have of mental health plus she/he would have access to information and advice on the illness in her line of work without having to come on here, i know i could be a fake thread but still in poor taste

I

itsmeagain

I quite like that.. Aside from treat them like a child.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I quite like that.. Aside from treat them like a child.
being bipolar is like having a little child inside me. controlling my serotonin and moods etc...

ive had bipolar for 15yrs so i would know. poeple are very nice and helpful towards children having differnet irrational moods. so why cant they do the same for us? because they think we are grown adults who need more punishment thats why.

I

itsmeagain

being bipolar is like having a little child inside me. controlling my serotonin and moods etc...

ive had bipolar for 15yrs so i would know. poeple are very nice and helpful towards children having differnet irrational moods. so why cant they do the same for us? because they think we are grown adults who need more punishment thats why.
You don't need punishment.
That's wrong.

H

Hell00justme

my point is simply dont feed a persons insanity. dont interact and feed the unreal part of their mind. you ignore that part and interact with the real part. which helps them grow that real part
I think talking about it is a good thing not to ignore it or pretend it aint happening dont encourage it just listen these things eat us up inside having an outburst is good getting rid of bad energy having some one listen or look in to the things and not just dismiss yr claims as fantasy

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think talking about it is a good thing not to ignore it or pretend it aint happening dont encourage it just listen these things eat us up inside having an outburst is good getting rid of bad energy having some one listen or look in to the things and not just dismiss yr claims as fantasy
if its rational and related to a real external event then others can react to it

if its irrational and not related to a real external even then people can ignore it and send you to a:

if its brain then a psychiatrist

if its mind then a psychologist

I

itsmeagain

Yes exactly.
Incidentally, does anyone know why the hug emoji is gone all of a sudden??

I

itsmeagain

Yes exactly.
Incidentally, does anyone know why the hug emoji is gone all of a sudden??

H

Hell00justme

if its rational and related to a real external event then others can react to it

if its irrational and not related to a real external even then people can ignore it and send you to a:

if its brain then a psychiatrist

if its mind then a psychologist
In my experience no one has helped or looked in to anything i am saying now like i keep on saying but no one listens or checks it out my theory is this is an induced illness by some pretty sick individuals i think ita to do more with money human trafficking prostitution and i.d fraud with some internal domestic terrorism i have reasearched my theorys which are doable or already happened theres to much to write or explain on here and before u say go police i did and they smashed my front door of handcuffed me and my children and took me to section and took my kids away now im a schitz even tho i never had any mental health history before that 5 years on im worse than ever