at odds am i hearing voices of my own or am i hearing someone else voice i cant control ?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

this is like the hardest thing to distinguish i have been asked do you hear voices well i talk allot in my head i wouldnt say i have voices that are not my own but how in hell would i know i am some crazy voices but i think they are my own ? please someone help me ?

arrrstin

arrrstin

They are not someone else's voice. I know how real it seems. I still wrestle with it even though I believe in science. Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) has been tested and continues to be tested by people that refuse to accept that there has never been substantial evidence this is possible. I was watching a movie just now and I was wondering about the plot. As I cam to various possibilities it would say "No." each time I was wrong. Weird. But resist the temptation to add any of these things as evidence. Nearly everyone here will agree that they thought it was real at once. I would advise you to read about the empirical evidence about ESP. I would also have you ask your voice to prove it is real. It will never be able to. If it is, you will be one of the most phenomenal people to have ever lived. One last thing, your doubt that this really shows how smart you are. Your intelligence means you will also be a considerate person. Don't give this voice consideration. It is malicious and you have no need to worry about hurting anyone's feelings in doing so.

I have read that what we experience as "us" is not just from one voice. It is actually a community of voices, a bit like from the movie "Inside Out". These voices that seem outside or not from us may be some sort of malignant voice that was created from some form of an (illicit) drug-induced or external stressor. We recognize this new voice and are smart enough to see it as something that is bad for us and do not accept it as our personality. I have heard that these voices can go away in many cases, achieved by removing the stressors, getting lucky with our psychiatrists, psychologists, and get the exact treatment we need. This is what my therapist and research thus far has told me.

arrrstin

arrrstin

Now that I have re-read your question I think I misunderstood due to your bad use of grammar. All voices in your head are your own. If you have a voice in your head that you do not like (Also known as an intrusive thought). If you need help with such disturbing voices, then you need to do the same techniques as many people do. Think rationally. If you think "I am not good enough." you should then be nice to yourself and think "I am good enough for some people. I can't please everyone."

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Now that I have re-read your question I think I misunderstood due to your bad use of grammar. All voices in your head are your own. If you have a voice in your head that you do not like (Also known as an intrusive thought). If you need help with such disturbing voices, then you need to do the same techniques as many people do. Think rationally. If you think "I am not good enough." you should then be nice to yourself and think "I am good enough for some people. I can't please everyone."
ty for the reply dude the reason why i said not my voice is because when i was being interviewed a sort of pre screening to go into a psych ward it lasted over 3 hours long one of the questions was "do you hear voices that are not your own" it really confused me like i can imagine different voices inside my head so would that be classified as not my voice ? really stumped me

arrrstin

arrrstin

You're welcome. It seems you are/may be totally healthy in this area. You would be certain if the voices seemed as if they weren't your own. One of the hardest things is for people with this problem is to accept that these voices aren't actually voices from other people. Remember in the future if this ever were to happen to you: they are not someone else's voices and seek help immediately. The sooner the better is key.