• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

At night it gets worse

Eldritch

Eldritch

It gets worse as in- seeing and hearing things. I cant sleep with a light on because then it wakes me up when i finally fall asleep. but waiting for sleep is the worst- I just woke up and swore I saw a horde of rats tearing down my walls and on my bed and all over me.
My hallucinations are getting worse. And then my brain confuses me and convinces me Ive done things that havent happen, and I wake up really confused and afraid. Like ill wake up and be afraid to go upstairs because I am so sure I killed an animal! or something very disturbing that Id never do.
Im not on any medicine... and i kind of wish i was :( !!!!

In the day time, hallucinations are not as bad but general confusion is still there. But at night it just gets crazy, I start being convinced theres demons and rats all over my room watching me or something....!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Rob27

Hi Eldritch

I'm Rob I'm sorry your having so much trouble I just had a look on google and you could get a night light with a timer on it. I know there for children but if it helps who cares, Also it will probably help to go see your doctor I'm on anti-depressants that are also a sedative which help me sleep and they have worked wonders with my sleep.

I really hope you feel better soon :)

Eldritch

Eldritch

Thank you Rob <3
I made a mistake- I am on medicine, but its an antidepressant and it hasnt been working at all. Just kind of hoping Ill get a med change soon because its terrifying :((

R

Rob27

I don't know how it works in the states but we can ask to change medication, I've done it before if the side effects are to bad or they haven't worked. I think with medication its just trail and error. That's how it seems to me anyway.

I hope you can get a change soon and feel better :)

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

I'm in the middle of having my meds changed because the voices are too much and keep me awake at night.

Hope you can get on the right meds.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I agree that it might be worth asking for some different medication.
If your sleep is being disturbed, that in itself can make your mental health worse and so things can easily get into a vicious cycle.

I used to find that when I was having more psychotic type symptoms in my teens, that night time would make me worse too.
In the end, I cracked and ended up using a night-light. I still use a night-light now.

Do you have a lamp close to your bed that you can switch on quickly if you need to?
That might help, because if you're only option is to get out of bed and switch on the main light, it can be pretty scary to do that if you're seeing things.

Have you tried using things like earplugs or an eye mask? It might help block things out a bit.
I also recommend chamomile tea before bed to calm you and also using lavender oil or having something lavender scented in your bedroom, because lavender is known to have a calming effect.

I really hope that things get better for you soon, anyway.

G

Gredge23

It gets worse as in- seeing and hearing things. I cant sleep with a light on because then it wakes me up when i finally fall asleep. but waiting for sleep is the worst- I just woke up and swore I saw a horde of rats tearing down my walls and on my bed and all over me.
My hallucinations are getting worse. And then my brain confuses me and convinces me Ive done things that havent happen, and I wake up really confused and afraid. Like ill wake up and be afraid to go upstairs because I am so sure I killed an animal! or something very disturbing that Id never do.
Im not on any medicine... and i kind of wish i was :( !!!!

In the day time, hallucinations are not as bad but general confusion is still there. But at night it just gets crazy, I start being convinced theres demons and rats all over my room watching me or something....!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi I feel the exact same apart from the rats part , I see dark clouds com towards me in my room wen I am trying to sleep and will hear voices saying I'll die if I go to sleep , and sometimes when I'm down stairs watching tv I'll hear little girls spirits dancing around and having fun upstairs so scary , what has worked for me is something I got in DBT it's called grounding yourself it just brings me back to earth I'll literally starting labelling items around me like chair , carpet , curtains , if I'm watching a film I'll say the title of the film and tv stuff like hat and I'll also use breathing as my heart and breath can be going very fast as it's so frightening , I hope this helps in some way eldrit h

Eldritch

Eldritch

Your suggestions are super helpful! I cannot get a medicine change actually right now, Ive been needing one but due to my home situation I just cant. Im trying the light idea and its helping me calm down after I wake up. Thank you so much. I just wish i didnt have to wake up so much in the first place haha
Gredge23, your grouning technique sounds like it can help me more when im dissociating/depersonalizing and thank you so much for telling me about it. I hadnt had a solution to that in years!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jajingna Psychosis Forum 4
Unknown33 Psychosis Forum 7