At least we're not alone

AnxiousAmy88

AnxiousAmy88

Hi I'm Amy,
I'm 30 years old and I live in Rugby, UK. (For those who don't know we invented the sport!)
4 years ago I was sat watching TV at home when all of a sudden I felt like a wave had rolled underneath me, I fell off my sofa and then felt like my throat had closed up, it was the scariest thing I had ever known.
I went down the hospital and saw a Dr who did loads of tests and told me I'd had a panic attack, he advised me if it carried on to go and see my Dr... Oh boy did it carry on.
I became this shell of my former self. I was scared to go anywhere, to be alone, driving around in cars was hell. My Dr diagnosed me with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and prescribed me Propropanol and advised it would help. I saw a counsellor, I had hypnotherapy, I had CBT, acupuncture, the works. I had a nasty experience with antidepressants so I don't take them, I just try and man it daily.
But it's hard, I continue to try hypnotherapy to see what works but I have dark days where I just don't feel able to continue this charade of pretending everythings ok, I try to wash these thoughts out but they're always there.
I hope one day I'll find something that makes me feel normal again.
Until then, at least I know I'm not alone and you all feel like this.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry that you are dealing with such horrific disorder. You are not alone indeed. I’ve been struggling with anxiety since 2004.

There’s a DNA test for medications specifically. It gives your doctor a guideline on which medication can suit you. It can also help in letting you know which medications can cause mild or sever side effects or allergic reaction. I just had my test done about a week ago.

I was prescribed mirtazapine a week before the results came in. Luckily, I was afraid to try it. The results showed that I may highly be allergic to it.

Ask your doctor about it next time you see your doctor. There maybe some medication out there that can help you. I am on Escitalopram and had helped get my anxiety and panic attacks under control.

I hope you feel better soon.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Have you tried any of the herbal remedies. I’ve heard good reports on valerien but you mustn’t mix with other antidepressants. I’ve never tried it tho. Icpve also use Bach’s herbal remedy. It’s a tincture and your supposed to put a few drops under your tongue. I used it on a flight as I usd to be scared of flying. Must admit I used have the bottle but I did feel calmer

K

Kitty kat

I know how you feel. my first panic attack when I was at 22 just out of no where I was still living at home. One night I was on my own one night the whole house to myself triggered panic attack
Next day so scared I got of at the hospital by bus went in and they done test saying having panic attack. People get scared and fun to hospital your not first and will not be last

AnxiousAmy88

AnxiousAmy88

Thank you all for the warm welcome and comments,
I have an appointment to see my Dr tomorrow to discuss the options, I had a bad experience with Fluoxetine and have been afraid to try others in case I had the same reaction. Ended up off work for a week with it. I use Rescue Remedy a lot and that seems to help just take the edge off. I'm hoping the Dr can give me something that can reduce it dramatically or take it away altogether.

K

Kitty kat

I also have generalized anxiety disorder. I take no medication. As I seem to have worst ever side effects
I try get by best I can with out it. All the best.

AnxiousAmy88

AnxiousAmy88

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry that you are dealing with such horrific disorder. You are not alone indeed. I’ve been struggling with anxiety since 2004.

There’s a DNA test for medications specifically. It gives your doctor a guideline on which medication can suit you. It can also help in letting you know which medications can cause mild or sever side effects or allergic reaction. I just had my test done about a week ago.

I was prescribed mirtazapine a week before the results came in. Luckily, I was afraid to try it. The results showed that I may highly be allergic to it.

Ask your doctor about it next time you see your doctor. There maybe some medication out there that can help you. I am on Escitalopram and had helped get my anxiety and panic attacks under control.

I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you very much. I'll go visit my doctor and try this :)