At hospital, new dosage of medication.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Just got visatril 50 mg via shot injection into my arm, getting 50 mg pills instead of atarax 10 mg, has anyone ever had visatril 50 mg?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I'm afraid I haven't heard of it before. What's its generic name? Its a strange med to have in the arm. I looked it up and it says, " Vistaril is an antihistamine with anticholinergic (drying) and sedative properties" I don't know enough about it to answer you.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I'm afraid I haven't heard of it before. What's its generic name? Its a strange med to have in the arm. I looked it up and it says, " Vistaril is an antihistamine with anticholinergic (drying) and sedative properties" I don't know enough about it to answer you.
It's Hydroxyzine, it's basically the same medication that I take already called Atarax but It's a higher dosage so it was at 10mg with Atarax up to 50 mg with Visatril and it turns out that they're both just Hydroxyzine and that I now have a higher dosage which does do me some wonders. I still wonder though, has anyone had a 50 mg dosage of Hydroxyzine and has it helped? The injection was just a thing they did at the hospital to get it into my bloodstream quicker and stuff, I'm getting the pills today from the pharmacy.