• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

At a pretty low point!

H

Howard

Hello,
I suffer with anxiety and depression.
At the moment it's more my depression. I feel terribly low and it's really not a good feeling!
I'm experiencing some despair as well which is also not a good feeling!
I've suffered with anxiety and depression for so long, i often wonder if I'll ever be okay.
I know it's a cliche but i just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

N

natalie

Hi Howard,

I would advise, that you contact a c risis team who are attached to cmht, community mental health team, and they will do an assessment, and hopefully point you forward into the right direction, meaning to put you intouch in person, with a pshchartrist. And in the meantime, try ringing up the samaritians, who are hopefully not only there to listen, bu tto guide you, and check upon you, t he following day.

A referral can take a matter of weeks, so I won't go down that route, particularly given what with the pandemic, and tiers, and lockdowns.

Or try to speak to on standby, a out of hours on call cmht doctor, who might be able to help you.

N

Nukelavee

In my experience, the worst spells or periods always end. The secret is to not ignore the potential light at the end.

If you get so used to being depressed or anxious you forget being better could occur, you miss out on the things or moments that could bring you peace of happiness.

All my routines, coping skills, distractions - are there to leave me with the option of feeling better when things change. To leave me capable of feeling better when better is here.

Too often we get so used to and resigned to feeling bad, that we accept it.

N

natalie

Your welcome, Howard.

T

treasurebox

There will be better days for you. Keep on believing and hoping. Your Creator will help you. You have it in you to win over depression. You have it in you to live a happy and meaningful life.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

N

natalie

Hi Howard,

I also agree on this one; music is the key factor to help lift out, of the very low feelings, always always works wonders for me, for the prevention of feeling very low, and unless, the t ypical british dull grey or dark g rey weather gets in the act, music always does help me out very much so.

N

natalie

Hi Howard,

Just touching base, t o check up how are you doing/feeling?

I am here to listen th ough I don't have Depression myself, I do always like to help others with different mental illnesses, where ever I can.

Best regards.

H

Howard

In my experience, the worst spells or periods always end. The secret is to not ignore the potential light at the end.

If you get so used to being depressed or anxious you forget being better could occur, you miss out on the things or moments that could bring you peace of happiness.

All my routines, coping skills, distractions - are there to leave me with the option of feeling better when things change. To leave me capable of feeling better when better is here.

Too often we get so used to and resigned to feeling bad, that we accept it.
Thank you

H

Howard

There will be better days for you. Keep on believing and hoping. Your Creator will help you. You have it in you to win over depression. You have it in you to live a happy and meaningful life.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.
Thank you

D

Deleted member 92692

Hello,
At the moment it's more my depression. I feel terribly low and it's really not a good feeling!
I've suffered with anxiety and depression for so long, i often wonder if I'll ever be okay.
Know your not alone my friend. The dark days are hard but they make you appreciate the good days all the more 👍

N

natalie

Hi Howard,

I'm just touching base, that as this normal difficult time of y ear, being Christmas and New Year, I do hope that you are not very depressed at the moment.

Have you been able to seek mental medical help at all?

Have a hopeful good christmas evening, and weekend,

Best regards,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Howard,

I'm just touching base, to catch up and check how you are doing/feeling in terms of your anxiety problems? ANd hope that your depression, has since stablised?

Best regards,

Have a good weekend/week.

N

natalie

Hi Howard,

How are you doing, from your mental health situation with anxiety?

Best regards.

K

karl7

Hello,
hoWARD are you on meds.....have you ever tried the herbal remedy called St Johns Wort