• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Assessment

W

Waverunner

I have a psychotherapy assessment soon and find myself becoming more anxious as it gets closer. Never been to that site before so anxious about finding it. Also know that I don't do well in new situations so don't know how open I will be :low: then I end up being frustrated and angry with myself. I am fighting myself because I don't want to go but also know that I need to go if I want any chance of feeling better.

S

sadgirl

I have a psychotherapy assessment soon and find myself becoming more anxious as it gets closer. Never been to that site before so anxious about finding it. Also know that I don't do well in new situations so don't know how open I will be :low: then I end up being frustrated and angry with myself. I am fighting myself because I don't want to go but also know that I need to go if I want any chance of feeling better.
I k ow exactly what you mean if your worried then please contact them and explain they will talk you through everything that is going to happen me personally I have to have a windows and a female member of staff are there anyways that you calm yourself down? What about writing down how you feel?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know that feeling well.

What about having something lined up for after the assessment, something to treat yourself?

It's only natural to feel how you are at the moment.

Keep on posting and we will do our best to support you until the appointment comes.

:hug5:

xxx

W

Waverunner

Thanks for the reply. I don't feel able to contact them (don't do telephones). I did fill in a questionnaire but struggled to be totally open in that as well. I'm hoping that it will be enough to trigger some questions (better at answering questions than volunteering info) though. It doesn't help either that I don't know the gender of the Dr as I am also more comfortable with female therapists.

W

Waverunner

I know that feeling well.

What about having something lined up for after the assessment, something to treat yourself?

It's only natural to feel how you are at the moment.

Keep on posting and we will do our best to support you until the appointment comes.

:hug5:

xxx
Thanks, this is a good idea

S

sadgirl

Are you able to speak to your gp and explain what's troubling you? I spoke to my gp and she handled the rest ect windows and female member of staff if you can't do telephones what about emailing them? Can you take a friend?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Usually in the confirmation it tells you the name of the person you are seeing, well it does down here.

I was given the option for my CBT, lucky for me the women who done the second assessment took me on herself.

W

Waverunner

Not sure she could sort this in time for the appt. also feel bad about pestering my gp (she has been really good about supporting me both emotionally and with my physical illness, feel like I need to give her a break and don't want to be a burden)

W

Waverunner

Usually in the confirmation it tells you the name of the person you are seeing, well it does down here.

I was given the option for my CBT, lucky for me the women who done the second assessment took me on herself.
Yep, have the surname which doesn't indicate gender. Tried looking them up on the website but they weren't listed.

W

Waverunner

Thank you Sadgirl and MarlieeBee for replying. Also had a fear that no one would reply to me so thanks for not letting that fear be realised!

S

sadgirl

Not sure she could sort this in time for the appt. also feel bad about pestering my gp (she has been really good about supporting me both emotionally and with my physical illness, feel like I need to give her a break and don't want to be a burden)
I was like that but she was brilliant she gave me an emergency apt with her then phoned them whilst I was there and did it all in front of me make an emergency apt with her she can do it and help you feel better please trust yourself

W

Waverunner

I'll give this some thought

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I can totally relate to this wave, I'm having the same issues seeing the crisis team atm, it makes a world of difference going in there anxious and not.
Today I told myself I needed to be more confident, open up, try and engage. I know it's easier said than done but it really worked for me today!
When's the assessment? Can you visit the site before you actually go?

W

Waverunner

Thanks Sparkly. It's tomorrow. It's at the hospital (which I do know well but not th MH part). It's massive and a bit like a maze. I'll go early as I also hate being late - stresses me

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Yeah I hate being late too, try and relax before you go in - take something to do whilst you wait - maybe play a rubbish game on your phone or something?