Assessment results wait time ?

I

iwanthope

I left the surgery and went to another. I see any GP there. Therefore i don't have continuity of care but id rather that than have a GP who has been behaving in such a way with me.

I

iwanthope

Another GP wrote a plan stating that my behaviour was a sign of mental illness and that I should write a plan indicating when I am well and how I behave and another plan which states how I behave when I am unwell. It's as if somewhere my behaviour was taboo and abnormal. I overheard on one occasion two GPs refer to me as a 'freak'. My insistence began due to my Tardive dystonia. That's all I needed. Someone to believe me but I had female GPs behaving in a spiteful manner.

J

JohnE

Yes that does sound an improvement .
Continuity in care is important though , the NHS constitution say you have the right to Express a preference for using a particular doctor within your GP practice , and fir the practice to try to comply.

I feel very fortunate to be able to see the same GP once a fortnight for 20 mins .

I

iwanthope

You're lucky. However it's a pity that we should have to rely on the type of GP we get to give us a voice.

J

JohnE

You are right , getting a decent GP who is understanding of mental health is a lottery .
At my surgery I see the same one regularly , there are also 3 others who understand and are available on the phone if needed.
Sadly there are 3 doctors at the same surgery who will simply say things like "what do you expect us to do " and will hang up the phone on me when in crisis .

I

iwanthope

Hi John, how did you manage to get an uphold if you didn't go to the phso? Which complaints department upheld your complaints.

I

iwanthope

The mental health trust themselves never even investigated my complaint. They just watered everything down. Denied everything then told me to go to the Ombudsman.

J

JohnE

The mental health trust themselves never even investigated my complaint. They just watered everything down. Denied everything then told me to go to the Ombudsman.
Many organisations try to do this , they hope people will give up and they know the PHSO also has a low investigation and clear up rate .
You have to present complaints in a way they cannot ignore , and support with evidence , using their policies / procedures and facts .