• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

assessment of needs

sallyG

sallyG

Next week im seeing my community mental health team for an screening assessment to find out my needs..this is the first time the community team have been involved in my care.I guess they will ask me what can they help me with....what should i tell them..that im agoraphobic and hate venturing outside..that i sit and stare into space for hours at a time...that i have no friends as such and that im totally isolated?....that makes me sound like a sally no mates..which i guess i pretty much am..i have afew friends i can count on one hand but they dont have mental health difficulties themselves so it must be hard for them to see things from my point of view.
Im nervous about seeing the team as i dont know what to expect.

P

Paranoid MisterE

Hi sally, the best thing you can do is be completely honest with them. If you find it hard talking to them try writing down or printing off your posts from here, i found that to be helpful as i get tongue-tied when talking to the team as well.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Assessment of needs involves them making your needs fit whats available, the more you differ from the usual the less you'll get

I've got another assessment coming up, i'll be honest but due to shiortages they'll just say the things i mention aren't symptoms

I don't have much wish to go to a day centre, i'd like someone to be there for me when i need them eg if i'm contacted by the benefit lot but i keep been told thats not available and the only thing available is someone to work with me towards recovery, as i keep saying theres no viable recovery on the horizon, yes if they were into an off drugs recovery but they're not offering that