• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Assessment Centers BS

Hikikomori1979

Hikikomori1979

Im not sure if anyone's been to one of these things

But organisations hold them because they want to get a pool of people in

But someone pointed out:

They run them for the sake of running them, so it looks like a "legitimate" recruitment process. When they already had someone lined up, they hold the assessment center so it doesnt look like crony capitalism

Furthermore, another thing to account for is the life stages of candidates, knowing someone who has kids to feed, mortgages to pay, on the back of a menial salary. after paying them their menial salary, they barely have enough left over for a drink at the pub once a week. When matched that against my commitments, i was never going to be offered a contract

H

HL094

Sorry to sound possibly ignorant, but are these assessment centers for specific careers/jobs or are you speaking in a more general sense?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Funnyday PIP telephone assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 29
T Work Capability Assessment - questions about journal and evidence Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
M Pop renewal sent for assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S Work capability assessment anyone ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 26
Z PIP telephone assessment nice timing ! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
C PIP assessment today....so anxious can’t sleep Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
E Where is my assessment? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
L ESA Support group - no assessment - stunned! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
P Need help with first time ESA assessment / ESA 50 / Severe mental health issues Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
Luci ESA work capability assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
Screechout Esa/work assessment descion time scale Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 35
Artmuzz My second PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
R After my pip assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S PIP they don’t follow recommendations from assessment report Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Artmuzz PIP assessment messing me about Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
S Home visit by Health care assessment by pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
W Were you refused PIP because you missed the face-to-face assessment? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
W ESA assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
R Mid-Claim PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
N Assessment experience Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
E Help - ESA Face to Face assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
B 3rd work Capability Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
B DWP Has No Record Of My ESA Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
yellows ESA Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 34
K ESA Health assessment advisory - work capability assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
M ESA Work Capability Questionnaire/assessment...first time in 5 years, slew of MH issues, apparently no evidence.. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
J Going into ESA Assessment alone. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
S ESA assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 120
D Face-to-face assessment postponed because of DWP computer problems Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
C ESA Face to Face Assessment. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
N telling ESA assessment people I don't have anything wrong with me which I believe I don't. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
R ESA assessment and appealing a decision Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 23
D When i tell ESA assessment i can work p/t will they fail me? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
D Placed in ESA Support Group WITHOUT assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
cpuusage Disability benefits: PIPs assessment firms 'to get extra £200m' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
D ATOS Assessment today - only lasted 20-25 minutes - worried!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
W ESA .maximus work capability assessment UK Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 22
M awarded pip but still need to have esa assessment! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F Esa Atos assessment at home! and self-harm question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
K PIP - No Face to Face Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
K Psychosis, PIP Assessment and Enhanced Mobility Rate Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
C Advice on answering descriptor questions for ESA assessment - confused Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
C Urgent esa assessment in 4 days; can any experienced people/ experts help? Thanks Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Tabitha ESA, not recieved appointmnent for medical assessment, condition changed... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
L Health assessment advisory service Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S PIP Assessment - Declined Daily Living Component Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
T Medical assessment decision waiting times Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
R ESA Assessment Help! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
B PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
K PIP Assessment - Left disheartened Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3