• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Aspergers and PIP

P

Paranoid_Android

Hi my mental health worker filled my form in for pip and said I won't get it for being diagnosed as a Paranoid Schizophrenic but will for Aspergers Syndrome. They've sent me a letter asking for more proof of the help I'm receiving for my dissabitly. I'm not receiving any I assumed that's what pip was for. Like if they give me pip I can use that money to help look after myself. Like I can pay someone to come around three times as week to help me clean my house and also pay them to go shopping for me and also pay for the taxi. Have I got it wrong?

I was discharged from hospital in 2013 and put into the care of my mum but she's not an official carer. I've asked her not to come to my house anymore so the mental health worker had put on my form that I can cook for myself and look after myself. I can't. They're also refusing to give me medication for OCD even though my medical records at my GP's surgery say if my OCD comes back I've to be prescribed a certain medication.

Only reason I'm diagnosed with Aspergers now is because I took a drug overdose due to anxiety three year ago and was asked if I've been tested. I told them one of my family GP's doesn't want to spend anymore money NHS on me and the doctor was shocked. Anyways they still wouldn't get me tested so I made a self referral to a charity and they diagnosed me. I was suprised as didn't think I had it anymore. I thought because I can now talk to people without being too nervous that I was somehow broken and wouldn't class as Autistic anymore.

What evidence do I give that I have a disability I'm well confused. :confused:

Passionflower

Passionflower

I get PIP for paranoid schizophrenia so what your worker said is not really valid.It sounds as if he or she is being obstructive more than helpful which you really do not need.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I get PIP for paranoid schizophrenia too, the citizens advice bureau would help you with filling in the form and advising you.
Good luck

P

Paranoid_Android

Oops sorry I read the letter wrong, they're contacting other people for more information. I originally got low rate disability for schizophrenia because I wasn't that bad with it but that was back in 2013 and when I had to fill a pip form in on my own I wanted to kill myself because I can't explain myself so just threw it away.

The Citizens advise wanted two month before they could fill my form in. I only had six weeks. I was also told I was being lazy for not filling it in myself from my mental health workers. t's hard filling the form in for mental health because the questions are aimed at physical disabilities.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Just get what you can and take what you can, anyway you can :)

GP's, the Police, psych docs, officials - they will quickly show the two-styled face of the lying, destructive, cowardly, antithetical, self-interested wanker and tosser, as soon as fucking look at you, especially if their or their 'colleagues' shit is about to be outed and catch up with them :rolleyes:

You cannot count on them for anything, or trust them with anything.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
mental health workers get nasty if you point it out as it is, point out their hypocracy and they will take it out on you, they're not likely to say that your more likely to get pip with paranoid schitzoprenia or admit that joke in the mind magazine is true were the benefit officer is saying we work on the principle that anyone who can fill in the form doesn't need the benefit

telling you to fill in the form they know how it works looks like you've wound them up