• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

ASPD Gloating

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes, as Ras states in his comment getting the disorder is not gonna help you at all. Once my wife divorces me she will have a “survivor-story” to tell and I will loose custody of my kid because who is going to give custody to the psychopath? My best behaviour would be seen as attempts at manipulating everyone (probably true because I can’t NOT manipulate, it’s just how I work).
exactly. I have gone through family court and that pretty much sums up how it went

M

MHFPokeplantz

i cant imagine anyone truly with this diagnosis would actually want it
Maybe ones who didnt have much (or people) against them, and the diagnosis is not known by anybody except themselves; so they d feel "badass" (again the ""qualities"" of the disorder) without anybody using it against them

But of course its just hypothesis as I wouldnt know that much about it

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe ones who didnt have much (or people) against them, and the diagnosis is not known by anybody except themselves; so they d feel "badass" (again the ""qualities"" of the disorder) without anybody using it against them

But of course its just hypothesis as I wouldnt know that much about it
i have no idea. I dont even know the diagnosis criteria for it to be exact. I do know past history is a factor in it from what i was told

T E_90

T E_90

Sorry, I've read your post and even though I haven't been diagnosed with ASPD and don't know your situation, I couldn't help but respond and write what I think.

I believe that some of these people (which think this disorder is like wearing a badge of honor, badass etc..) are ignorant idiots, stuffed with shit from TV, that constantly gives realities about disorders, which are unreal and based on myths (like who is bpd, bipolar or others, are bad and dangerous people).
I'm still in evaluation, but I understand how irritating this misjudging can be.
Personally I have a bad temper, I can't help but argue with people everywhere I am
if they irritate me or if they do something to me that seems wrong,
while to others these situations may seem trivial and meaningless, in my brain
they makes my blood boils and in those moments I can't help but think
"you try, just try to keep going, take another step and see what you get."
I overreact in the eyes of others I know, but in those moments honestly I don't give a f.
Also since it's difficult for me to stay focused, carry on and not get bored to death, while I start something or also important conversations, coming across as being disinterested,
rude, and maybe then later if trying to explain how things are I'm also accused of lying,
when instead I took my time and tried hard, it pisses me off.
I can't imagine if they could even put a label on it.

Cutting short, living with any pd isn't fun, because in the end,
it's the person who has to fight day by day against these prejudices of what is right or wrong, created by society.

Anyway, I may have talked absolute rubbish, this is just my opinion,
sorry if I rambled.