• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ASPD Gloating

Ras

Ras

About 8 years ago when just after i was diagnosed with ASPD, i started going online to research it more due to not believing a word that my psychiatrist at the time was saying and was just thinking they were trying to put yet another label on me to discredit whatever i say.
Anyway i went on a few forums for it and talked to people that say they have also being diagnosed with it and it quickly became clear that people were acting like it was a badge of honor to have the diagnosis and that it made them badass and so many other stupid things.

I honestly dont get why anyone would want this diagnosis. I am just going to say it now but it is nothing special. Having ASPD is nothing special, it really isnt.
and when people know of the diagnosis it is used against you, so i dont understand at all why so many people online act like its a great thing to have such a diagnosis.
I would compare it to a diagnosis of schizophrenia (which i also have), when people are aware you are diagnosed with either. They assume what you are saying is not real and basically lies.

Oh and dont even get me started on having this diagnosis if you ever have to go to court and that is presented to the judge.

Anyway this is just a little rant of not understanding people at all and what they gain from this diagnosis becasue from my experience it has done nothing but hinder me.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I too find it strange when people boast of a mental illness or seem to think it gives them some kind of status. I totally agree with your post.

Passionflower

Passionflower

They occasionally come on here claiming to be a psychopath, which they seem even more proud of.

Ras

Ras

They occasionally come on here claiming to be a psychopath, which they seem even more proud of.
see that type of thing all the time on forums like this.
think they watched one to many movies and think its cool or whatever to be what Hollywood portray a psychopath to be, so they come to places like this and try convincing people they are just that