Did you know about ASMR before?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Muchacha

Hey guys, I don't know if you've ever heard of ASMR, but here is the link for further information if you wish to read about it in detail: Autonomous sensory meridian response - Wikipedia

Basically, specific sounds you hear may trigger some "tingles" in the brain and it should feel nice and relaxing. It might help for those who experience anxiety/nervousness and/or just want to relax. ASMR videos MAY also help you sleep for those who may suffer from insomnia! Lots of commenters say they feel sleepy after listening (though it may or may not work, since everyone is different). Unfortunately, not everyone can experience "tingles," however. These videos are meant to be relaxing nonetheless.

Some triggers include tapping, crinkling, scratching, whispers, role-play, and more. I would recommend you give it a try (unless the mentioned triggers sound horrifying to you). A role-play example that some of you may have experienced might be going to the eye doctor. Some people actually find it satisfying (including me, haha).

Personally, I would recommend ASMRMagic. She is very dedicated in her videos for her listeners. Some of her videos are 2 hours long! You just need to find which triggers/sounds work best for you. For me, I really like tapping sounds, and some deep ear cleaning as well.
Here's one to get you guys started on the spot (if you guys are interested):
ASMR Sponge Mic (NO TALKING) Squishing, Scratching, Brushing & Hair Mousse Fizzing |Tingle Triggers - YouTube
(Use the time stamps if you aren't getting anything out of it for a while.)

How does ASMR help? If you took the time to watch a few videos to help you relax and you find that you really like tapping, you could use tapping as a way to help you calm down in real life situations. Or better yet, download ASMR videos onto your phone if you feel you want/need to.

Anyways, please comment below on our experiences from watching ASMR videos (regardless of who/which channel you watched from). It would be nice to know if these videos actually help you guys! :)
(Because it sure helps me fall asleep easier)

M

Muchacha

Hm, never mind. I just saw another thread about ASMR right after I posted. Someone can delete this please? Sorry.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I like gentle and soothing talking, listen to a lot of audio books for that reason, never had the tingles but just like the sound of a restful voice

BPDevil

BPDevil

ASMR is great, I use it to get to sleep and for anxiety and stress mainly

my fave ASMRtists are gentlewhispering and asmr glow