• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

asking for help

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
:eek:

i find asking for help so difficult. I'm actually even finding it hard to post on here sometimes (unless im being silly or flippant or random) .... I get a reply or a new thread typed out, decide its "silly" or "ridiculous" or "pathetic" and delete it .

i feel very much the same when sitting in front of the GP, having fully intended (again) to go and ask for more help with this damn illness...

:cry:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
hi sandybob. Do you think you need more help with your medication or talking to your gp. Maybe if you write it down and give it to your gp it would help. When i had to have an assesment done last year i wrote down a list of how i was feeling and the gp said it really helped.

if you want to talk privatly tho you can pm me

take care:hug:

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
aww thanks daff :hug:

i'm just having a bad few days ( i'm intending to blog.. when i stop feeling pathetic :rolleyes:)

I think i need some more therapy and possibly increased meds again ... but the last time i asked i got the stupid " you've had some therapies, you're on meds, thats all we can do.. go and find your inner strength" social worker

:unsure::mad:

D

Dollit

The big bad doubt bear lives in your head as well as mine then? I have so many doubts and fears sometimes it's a wonder I get a full sentence out. The bold brash Dollit in public is not the one who sits and home on a night or the one who practically wets herself leaving home to go and see the very kind GP she's known for 7 years. It's great you can see it's just temporary thing - I'll think of you next time it all creeps up on me. :hug:

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member

i'm putting off making an appointment cos so many times i've felt really bad, made an appointment , and felt better by time appointment came .

i havent got a regular gp any more cos my surgery started that "make an appointment on the day you need it" rubbish, with limited pre bookable appts .. my gp left so i ended up the last couple of years seeing a different gp each time who didnt know my history and just dished me out more tablets without "reviewing"... ( i have them on reapeat, but every 3 months or so i get a little sticky post it saying ' make appointment for review ' (HAHA)

D

Dollit

It's hard keeping GP relationships established. I can't believe how lucky I am in the practice I've got. It's a bit like sticking a pin in a map sometimes. GP care really is a huge lottery that you can't win sometimes. :tea:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
aww thanks daff :hug:

i'm just having a bad few days ( i'm intending to blog.. when i stop feeling pathetic :rolleyes:)

I think i need some more therapy and possibly increased meds again ... but the last time i asked i got the stupid " you've had some therapies, you're on meds, thats all we can do.. go and find your inner strength" social worker

:unsure::mad:
I must be so lucky with my SW. I rarely see my GP about my illness and he never alters my meds. Its always done thru the hosp. My SW came out again this morning cos she thinks im a bit high. But as to be expected i cant see it. She has told me if need be she can get an appointment for me within 24hrs. Shes a bit the opposite of yours wanting to keep my meds under control.

I think i would be tempted to tell her/him that there job is to help you. Good luck and take care:hug:

prettycolors

prettycolors

Just wanted you to know you arent alone - im the same way when it comes to the forums and the docs lol. Your feeling and thoughts are worth exploring and you might be surprised with how many people here have had a similar experience.. You will never know til you ask!! ;)

prettycolors

prettycolors

Oops didnt realize this thread was rather old sorry :redface:

bert tomato

bert tomato

:eek:

i find asking for help so difficult. I'm actually even finding it hard to post on here sometimes (unless im being silly or flippant or random) .... I get a reply or a new thread typed out, decide its "silly" or "ridiculous" or "pathetic" and delete it .

i feel very much the same when sitting in front of the GP, having fully intended (again) to go and ask for more help with this damn illness...

:cry:
Sometimes people can be flippant. The truth can appear obvious when unhidden.

Besides, I feel really you should be encouraged to ask questions.

Keep asking. Don't let them take that away from us.