• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Ashwagandha and L-theanine for anxiety

D

Dispatch

Does anyone else have any info or first hand knowledge of these two supplements for anxiety ? I’ve been taking these for a few months now and I think I’ve finally dialed in the right dosage that works for me. I was just curious if anyone else had tried these .

jajingna

jajingna

Never tried ashwagandha, but I drink green tea, think it has that L-theanine in it.

D

Dispatch

yes it does ... but it’s supposed to be good for anxiety so I’ve been taking it with the Ashwagandha and it seems to take the edge off nicely.
Although I took 100mg over the recommended dose of 300mg and my anxiety spike high ... do I won’t be doing that again.

jajingna

jajingna

Do you take them both as tablets?

Passionflower

Passionflower

I take L-theanine every day and it helps with my anxiety.

D

Dispatch

Yes. It’s all otc so I found this product for stress and anxiety, that’s basically the name of it ... it has 600mg of Ashwagandha and 200mg of L-theanine in each pill ... and apparently Ashwagandha is tolerated at high dosage , so I take 1 1/2 of these each day ... giving me 900mg Ashwagandha and 300mg L-theanine and it really does help me ... like I said though , I over did it on the L-theanine the other day and my anxiety spiked, so I won’t be doing that again.
I did buy a separate bottle of Ashwagandha at 450mg per pill and if my anxiety begins to spike , I’ll take one of these and see if it helps ... but I haven’t had to do that yet as my anxiety seems to be “under control” (lol) or as best that I can expect I guess. Haha

Passionflower

Passionflower

I take 400mg once a day in the morning.

D

Dispatch

Ahhh see I usually take 300 but it went to 400 and my anxiety spiked ...

Passionflower

Passionflower

I only take 400mg because that's what size tablet it comes in. I find it as good as a diazepam at curbing my anxiety.

D

Dispatch

I only take 400mg because that's what size tablet it comes in. I find it as good as a diazepam at curbing my anxiety.
Yesss ... I really do think the combo of the Ashwagandha and L-theanine is a key for me ... the Ashwagandha is supposed to be well tolerated at higher levels ... like I said I take 900mg per day ... I curious what will happen if I need to take another 450mg on top of that making it 1350mg total and staying at the 300mg level for L-theanine ... not that I want some anxiety so I can try it out ... no ... just, I’m curious (and hopeful) that if I ever do need to add to it, that it’ll ease my anxiety back down and away ... anyways that’s what I’m hoping ... plus I don’t have to go thru all the side effects of prescription drugs ... that’s my theory anyways lol