• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Ashamed to admit but I've lost all friends

D

DragonBones

Four years in the house has killed all my friendships. I'd class myself as an extrovert, it's killing me having no one to talk to. Technically not no one, I have my Mom and Nan but some days you just need someone unrelated to talk too.
One that understands what it is I'm going through is an even bigger ask but that would be sweet. I'm worried that I'm losing the ability to talk to people normally. Basically I'm just lonely and have been for some time. I feel so self concious for saying so. I hate it.

Any one feel like chatting?

Last edited:
D

djooj

Welcome to the forum :)
Can relate some things you say, esp last line of paragraph.
No help though, logging off..
I hope you meet folk here

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum. I hope you enjoy posting here. :)
I've also had trouble maintaining friendships.

M

Mastiff mom

Hi and welcome the forum. There usually plenty of people to chat with and they're very nice and compassionate.i'm so sorry you lost your friends and that you feel lonely. I feel that way often myself. I hope this forum is helpful to you, it surely has for me.

cherish

cherish

:welcome:dragonbones , i am also agoraphobic and lost touch with all my friends,i cant blame them if you don't answer the phone or door they give up eventually and they did:doh:

I find it very difficult to talk to people even on the phone but joining this forum has been a small step back into society. I hope we get to talk in the future:flowers:

rubyrose

rubyrose

Welcome to the forum. I've lost the friends I had irl. My anxiety, depression, and introversion make it difficult for me to maintain friendships, especially offline. Anyways, there are great people here. Hopefully you can get to know some of them.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Want to welcome you to the forum.
Whilst this is no substitute for real life, this forum has helped me a great deal. We're a very friendly bunch so do stick around if you feel like it.

A

Alienated

I can relate to not having anyone to talk to.. I have lived in isolation for 8 years, no friends, family, nothing.. I talk to myself, and radio talk shows give me other voices, and news.

D

DragonBones

Yeah I rely on the radio a lot. BBC Radio 2 keeps me sane. Thank you all for replying, it means a great deal.

Subject_Zero

Subject_Zero

You will find someone who understands and who can be a real friend despite it all. Those who walk away well, they are not friends. A real friend is someone who stays for good and for bad.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

Dragonbones, I hope you stick around here as chatting with the folks on this forum has done wonders to keep me alive.

I've also lost all my friends and keep driving off potential new ones. There's many different reasons for it, such as my shyness and introversion, my crazy BPD attachments, my paranoia, mistrust and reclusive nature and my general abnormal behaviour and ways of thinking.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Four years in the house has killed all my friendships. I'd class myself as an extrovert, it's killing me having no one to talk to. Technically not no one, I have my Mom and Nan but some days you just need someone unrelated to talk too.
One that understands what it is I'm going through is an even bigger ask but that would be sweet. I'm worried that I'm losing the ability to talk to people normally. Basically I'm just lonely and have been for some time. I feel so self concious for saying so. I hate it.

Any one feel like chatting?
I think that most of us here can probably relate to your issues to some degree or another. I have made and lost friends over the years. Some of it due to isolating myself at times and some because of my erratic behaviour.

You should have no problems making friends here and, while perhaps no substitute for real life friends, it would get you back in to communicating with others and can be used as an outlet for sharing your thoughts and feelings without having to feel self conscious. I wish you well.

By the way, welcome to the forum! :)

Z

zirarzirar

that is nice man...well done

ASDF209

ASDF209

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to hit me up anytime. I'm 28 and from Kansas