Asessment date

F

firemonkee57

Assessment process starts in February 2019. They want info from someone who has known me from birth/infancy if possible. Mother is dead. Father's memory of my early years is patchy. There's my brother and sister but it's questionable whether they'd be able to attend. My sister has said she'll try work permitting.

If not I've asked them all to write statements. Apprehension/Expectation is through the roof.

My stepdaughter will come with me.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
from what i gather universal credit your going to be required to see a work coach who'll have little training in mental health do you want a willy washy diagnosis

F

firemonkee57

from what i gather universal credit your going to be required to see a work coach who'll have little training in mental health do you want a willy washy diagnosis
I know from previous discussions with you you are sceptical about ASD as a diagnosis , and see it as a barrier to the award of benefits.

At my last appointment the pdoc saw schizophrenia and ASD as the best fit.

Instead of the relentless cynicism try being supportive for a change.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I know from previous discussions with you you are sceptical about ASD as a diagnosis , and see it as a barrier to the award of benefits.

At my last appointment the pdoc saw schizophrenia and ASD as the best fit.

Instead of the relentless cynicism try being supportive for a change.
i'm not skeptical about asd as a diagnosis, when we were young those diagnoses weren't around, i remember a period were no one was schitzoprenic, but of course under resourced social services would use these wishy washy diagnoses to refuse help and the benefit people would refuse benefits

i do see a dwp that has a limited amount of funds using things like asd as a reason to turn people down, they turn people down for less reason

i could question my diagnosis but whats the point, it's not even as though schitzoprenia gets large amounts of benefits