ASD Assessment

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Well I have some good news for a change :)

I went to see my psych doc with my Mum last month, and we had a good chat with her.

She asked lots of questions, and has written to the GP and recommended that I be referred to the ASD service for an assessment.

She thinks there is a good cause to look at Asperger Syndrome.

We are gonna contact the GP and have a chat about it all :)

F

firemonkee57

Good luck with that. I am not sure I am aspergic, though I have traits, but do better fit non verbal learning disorder which is a similar problem.
The lack of help for it means I have never functioned or recovered as well as I possibly could have.

The last time I tried discussing it, at my then care care coordinator's instigation, was a total disaster.
I had a psychiatrist who asked a few totally irrelevant questions before abruptly dismissing the issue.
I have been too scared to further press the issue;
as it was seeking more help and support in the past that got me labelled as awkward,demanding and troublesome and on bad terms with psychiatric services.

I don't get much help and support now but at least they do not openly abuse and hate me as in the past.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Hi
I went through a test for ASD about 2 years ago and after what seemed like 100's of questions and several tests the findings were inconclusive.This was mainly because they couldn't talk to my parents to find out about my early life which of course is very important.The general consensus was that I seemed to have lots of traits of ASD but they could be part of my Schizophrenia diagnosis as I was tested when I was quite ill. I hope you get the referral and it helps you understand yourself more (if that's what you want from it.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Schizophrenia Forum 6
E Schizophrenia Forum 8