• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

As a Schizophrenic, what would you like people to know?

Ineedhelp2921

Ineedhelp2921

Hi There,

Z

Zoe1

if you're patient with me
I might be able to work out what to say !

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

That we are normal people going through an abnormal experience. We are not dangerous, but we are often lonely and stigmatised. We are human and we need human relationships as well.

EdEd

EdEd

That we are normal people going through an abnormal experience. We are not dangerous, but we are often lonely and stigmatised. We are human and we need human relationships as well.
Nicely put , excellent!

Ras

Ras

mostly for people to actually educate themselves on what schizophrenia actually is. There is still so many misconceptions about schizophrenia out there that could easily be erased if people actually did some research

L

Lab rat

I’ve had 30 years of practice. Unless floridly psychotic I can hide it. People just think I have a bad stutter! Poverty of speech works in my favour, I tell workmates nothing. The less people know in my opinion, the better.

K

karl7

Hi There,

people should know sz is the most distressing illness there is......id prefer to have gone through cancer and recovered than having gone through this

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

We are very cool and creative. And super chill. We love to laugh. Almost at anything.

We can go fishing and have a blast!

We appreciate the simple things in life. Like a good barbeque or specialty food truck.

We care about others feelings in all we do.

We work hard. We study hard. And we try our best to learn every day.

Life is about growth. We try to be in a great environment to grow every day.

Overall. We are very loyal. Very kind. But very well grounded. We are both humble and understanding.

We are not afraid to face the mental challenges. We understand that with time. We will conquer any limitations. That drives us to win.

We are really good people.

jajingna

jajingna

My mother had it, but no children did, though I suspect we all got touched with something or other, there's been a lot of illness in my family. I've seen people be cruel, at least in their attitudes, towards schizophrenics or other mentally ill people. It sure is a hard condition to live with, or be around as family.