Article about new IB rules

M

Michael

Founding Member
Good Morning Dollit, you must get up early to get your newspapers:LOL:

Thanks for the snippets out of them, I stopped getting newspapers on a regular basis many years ago as they fuelled my depression. But if I know of a particular article then I sometimes do get one.
The only paper my wife insists on is the local one for the hatch, match and despatch columns!:)

Have a brilliant day:)

Michael:hug:

D

Dollit

Well when I do my bits of research for whatever reason I read around 8 papers a day so I get them online and just pick out the stuff I'm interested in. Easier and cheaper than reading the real thing! :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Well when I do my bits of research for whatever reason I read around 8 papers a day so I get them online and just pick out the stuff I'm interested in. Easier and cheaper than reading the real thing! :)

Good idea Dollit ........... welldone (y)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I stopped buying papers back in the 80s when i was having a paricularly bad spell. I was convinced there was going to be a nuclear attack and was behaving erratically. My gp advised i stopped reading newspapers and watching the news.

I must admit tho, some may think im ignorant of whats going on in the world but i do feel happier not knowing. :tea:

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I'm the same Dollit,I try to get through as much online news as possible without blowing a fuse and end up all confused :confused:

D

Dollit

I rarely get through a real newspaper without something getting ripped up and I'm always shouting at online papers! :mad:

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I find there's so much more to get through with the online versions,much more interesting too :clap:

D

Dollit

Yes and I get those little newletters delivered tailored to my needs so that I get told what's interesting to me! The only trouble is that when a big story breaks in the States I wake up to 40 or 50 emails on elections or something! :D

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I was under the impression that you had an interest in politics :)

D

Dollit

Not so much politics but how we can cut down the talking bits and get to the doing. People are always complaining on a local level that we all talk and nothing gets done but the people I work alongside and myself we just do things. If you talk and wait for people to agree in minute detail you waste time and energy. The good thing about implicitly declaring yourselves a positive social capital group is that you can just do things. No interest in elections of any sort apart from where and when I cast my vote and how I can exploit the connections that arise. :D

D

Dollit

It is and when we list what we've done over the years it's great. People who used to work over here are always asking how we're doing and they often point people our way. It's nice to know that ordinary people and big organizations can co-operate and change things for good. :)

D

Dollit

It is extremely rewarding but it is amazing at how much opposition and backbiting there is from other people in the community. Especially because a large amount of what I do involves working with the police - boy do I get some insults for that. A lot of people in the community think that I shouldn't have a voice because I've been speaking up for so long but democracy is about everyone having their say. I get listened to because I talk common sense, I get things done and I innovate. That doesn't stop anyone else from doing that or speaking up. If any one has a better idea then I'm all for it. I've found that what people say they want and what they are prepared to do to achieve that is seldom similar. :)