• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Arrrrrhhhhhh

H

Hullabaloo

In AnE why do nurses have to be so gossipy & rude they dont know me. I really feel like walkin.

V

Viktoria

Whats happened?

H

Hullabaloo

Their flippin chattin, staring, laughing. She turned round & said i was playin games.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Viktoria

Are you in A&E now?

H

Hullabaloo

Yes, well they moved me to a surgical ward but im not sure i want it if their only gunna sedate me & i really wanna harm myself more. Battery on phne bout to die as well so if i stop replyin u know why. Just so frustrated. Sorry my first post & im rantin but jst needed sme1 to talk 2.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm really sorry that the staff are being so rude.
Unfortunately, these things happen. I've found A&E staff to be quite intolerant of any self-harm. :unsure:

But please don't walk. You're obviously there because you need to be. Obviously we can't go into specifics on the forum but I hope that you will be ok. :hug1:

U

utter madness

Not so good I used think that people became nurses because they cared not ne more just a job to them and there so bloody rude these days try not to harm ur self again hope u get the care u need only u know how u feel not them

T

Tiddle

Hey , hope everything is going ok today? I have experienced the same in A&E. One time I was there for an overdose and the nurses kept making a point of standing right by my cubicle and saying really loudly that they needed beds for important patients. Nobody talked to me even when taking bloods etc in the end I just left untreated.

I understand the pressure they are under but an injury etc is just that no matter how it came about and they should be treating it without judgement.

I find minor injury units more accepting and more willing to do a good job regardless of how it happened so try and they can do most things except of course for the life threatening but even then they have sorted me an ambulance and proper care elsewhere.