Arrggghhhhhh

fizzbom80

fizzbom80

Why does noone listen to me ?
I don't want to do a group therapy I was told id be referred to psychotherapy and now it seems my cpn and pdoc want to explore other options why ?
Groups not for me why can't they just do what they said rather than push me along

C

clarify

Hi fizzbom80,

Group therapy can be hard at first. I didn't want to do it either and now I have benefited from it in a way.
Why do you feel you don't want to do group therapy? Maybe you should tell them that you think they are not listening to you. You could agree to give it a go or tell them that you would not feel comfortable. They will respect your wishes if they are professional. They could be listening but also trying to help you explore your options and give you a push!

B

black and white cat

Perhaps they know what is best sometimes? or maybe they know something you don't eg funding issues or lack of spaces or this way you will get help quicker? they never tell us shit like this do they - just push us here and there with no explanation and make us feel like we are not being listened to. You should perhaps write down these questions and then ask and say you need a proper answer. It is hard when unwell to be up front like this so writing it down helps us do that.