• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

aripriprazole

D

Dan321

Hello,

Im new here. Has anyone heard of aripriprazole and/or if you've been on it?

I currently take 15mg a day and was wondering how it affects the liver?

Doctor has advised that I stay on this for life, which im disappointed about.

I have tried risperadone, olanzapine, amisulphride, and nothing compares to this drug, hardly any side effects (no weight gain).

I'm 18 by the way, and started with psychosis at the age of 15

thanks

B

blackroses

oh man. ooooh man. abilify. i was one of the first to try it.

5mg, s'cool no problems.
10mg. okay im sleeping like 4 hours a night.
20mg. i was awake for 96 hours STRAIGHT. i wasnt even sure who i was.

i suffer more with the manic side of things than depressive so it was just waaaay too stimulating for me. i also needed the toilet a lot.

would never go back on it.

T

Twylight

I tried Abilify and it was ineffective
I onlt slept 2 hours a night for 6 weeks and eventualy I was hallucinating