• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

aripiprazole (abilify)

P

phoenixx

hi am currently on 600mgms seroquel an now being put on 10mgs abilify they intend tacking me off seroquel wat this med abilify like anyone? am hearing and seeing visions on seroquel.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Its not bad probably the best one ive been on can be tricky going onto...its quite activating cause of the effects on serotonin, good for depression aswell
and almost no sedation..i found it good for the negative symptoms i was experiencing, but it can make you quite hyper.

P

phoenixx

thanks for the positive feedback.. i am hoping this will be the one for me. anyone else got any thing to say about abilify?

sallyG

sallyG

I took it and it gave me bad tardive dyskinesia (sp)..so i had to come off of it and am now on risperidone....

keepsafe

keepsafe

I swapped from respiridone to aripiprazole - It has stopped my aggitation. Guess we are all different when it comes to meds, so good luck
I find it better for me
KS

P

phoenixx

have just gone upto 20mgs abilify i just want the voices and hallucinations to go away.... i feel more motivated on this medicen but still experiencing disturbing things have been on risperidone but had to come off cus stopped my periods and massive weight gain, have just come off seroquel xl 600mgs as this didnt help me much so really hoping this med will be more sussefull. anyone else tell me how they find it..feling a bit hopeless at moment,

A

Affective

have just gone upto 20mgs abilify i just want the voices and hallucinations to go away.... i feel more motivated on this medicen but still experiencing disturbing things have been on risperidone but had to come off cus stopped my periods and massive weight gain, have just come off seroquel xl 600mgs as this didnt help me much so really hoping this med will be more sussefull. anyone else tell me how they find it..feling a bit hopeless at moment,
I am on 20mg of Abilify too. I have no side effects at all and I have been on it for about 4/5 months. My hallucinations have stopped but it took a little while longer for my paranoia to go away. I find it very tolerable :). Sometimes you may feel demotivated on Abilify but that's like any antipsychotic, however when I was on Olanzapine I was very demotivated and then moved onto Abilify my motivation did go up by quite a lot :). My Careworker said that when Abilify does work, it works very well. Just give it time.

Last edited:
P

phoenixx

thankyou for your repli, have only been tacking it for about a week.. so fingers crossed!!

P

phoenixx

i still belive demons are out to get me they enter us and controll us they send messages but no one belives me? phyciatrists dont think i can trust them am sure they will work throught them to get to me they are
THE-RAPIST OF THE MIND! i can hear a voice in my head telling me to harm them and other poeple who have these demons in them, they want rid of me for certain reasons i dont want to say. my team tell me im doing well and staay positive so i do try but im the only one who knows the truth i find it difficult speaking out loud about these things so alot goes unsaid. and makes it very difficult to no what to do, i fear my care worker is in danger of becoming one of them to i can see them in poeple if i look closly its frightening i have to protect myself and my son i am currently tacking 20mgs abilify have been for 2 weeks how can i explain all this to my phyciatrist am going on the 7 jan.. anyone help me..

I

IntrospectionFtw!

funny you should say about demons i got a book on exorcism today gonna try exorcise myself =)........

Last edited:
A

Apotheosis

anyone help me..
Just a suggestion - but have you tried the services of any alternative/spiritual healers? - they are out there; & some are more competent than others.

I used to have a lot of this stuff going on for me too - especially with stuff around 'Heaven & Hell', 'Angels & Demons', & 'God & the Devil'.

I know a number of healers, & I have worked with many healers too; from many different disciplines. One healer especially was very helpful, & I worked with them for a number of years; they helped me a lot with finding a resolution to certain things, & in helping me to get an angle onto certain things that were happening. I trained as healer with him myself; & have continued to learn about healing for the past 7 years.

There are understandings, practises & ways of dealing with things; that can help you to cope with stuff.

P

phoenixx

ive never considered it.. not sure what it entails.. my parents are buddists and they tell me that i cause my own suffering that these things are not happening they are projections from my mind i feel really alone and guilty for causing myself and others suffering i cant controll.

A

Apotheosis

ive never considered it.. not sure what it entails.. my parents are buddists and they tell me that i cause my own suffering that these things are not happening they are projections from my mind i feel really alone and guilty for causing myself and others suffering i cant controll.
Personally - I don't follow any Religion; & for me, I see all religions as a dead end.

What is Spirituality? - it's hard to define, I don't know that it can be easily defined.

Here is a Link to a page on Spirituality from the Royal College of psychiatrists -

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/therapies/spiritualityandmentalhealth.aspx

I started a more formal search for my spirituality with various things; but especially Reiki -

http://www.reikiassociation.org.uk/3.html

I think that spirituality can be very individual & expansive - it can be a meditation practise; a connection to nature, whatever gives your life meaning.

K

Katie84

I tried it for a little while but it gave me indigestion and heartburn so bad i couldnt take it anymore and pdoc took me off them.

P

phoenixx

am still experiencing visions and voices they are going to increase my meds im having no known side effects to this medicen so hoping the increase will make life a bit easier however i dont belive that medication will alter the truth that demons exsist and ive seen them! felt them! heard them! if it all goes away great but it is still real they will have tricked me will i be in danger if i cannot see them anymore?